• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

cut off fail safe

Russ80

thinking about upgrading to a 3 0r 4 channel tx, looking for a second hand set up if poss. and using fail safe through 3rd channel so I could use remote engine cut off. or is it just as good using them through a 2 channel. 

someone recommended a super bee, but cant find them in the uk.

I bought a kill kit off model sport which is great. It cuts off when either remote or radio gear goes wrong and also has voltage sensor and also it cuts on and off using button on channel 3 on my fly sky remote :) also has an led on a wire to mount somewhere visible if needed

I used a failsafe I already had from my nitro years old :)

Used both  as even if engine is killed. If a baja is flat out. It needs a long time too coast too a stop ;) 

Battery box gets abit tight as that point but all went in 

I bought a kill kit off model sport which is great. It cuts off when either remote or radio gear goes wrong and also has voltage sensor and also it cuts on and off using button on channel 3 on my fly sky remote :) also has an led on a wire to mount somewhere visible if needed

I used a failsafe I already had from my nitro years old :)

Used both  as even if engine is killed. If a baja is flat out. It needs a long time too coast too a stop ;) 

Battery box gets abit tight as that point but all went in 

if using flysky they tend to have a built in fail safe

Another happy switchblade customer here.

being a noob the fitting guide was easy to follow and it's just peace of mind, definitely worth buying for your and everyone's safety.

great guy to deal with too.

• Like 1

i got killer bee switch..

great kit with led,buzzer low voltage and radio glitch cut off..also a port on there for a temp sensor so if too hot will cut it off too...

BUT when it shuts of the engine it still allows you to control the car~(brake and steer)

this can also kill the engine using your third channel switch in your remote.....

£56 off flea bay:D

great kit with led,buzzer low voltage and radio glitch cut off..also a port on there for a temp sensor so if too hot will cut it off too...

BUT when it shuts of the engine it still allows you to control the car~(brake and steer)

this can also kill the engine using your third channel switch in your remote.....

Superbee from Killer Bee is great.

Don't forget the failsafe needs power to work, the killswitch can work without - no power and it cuts the ignition.

You need both set up properly - failsafe to full brakes, then with the kill switch on top - should be pretty safe - just 'the nut behind the wheel !

Kent from Killer Bee gives excellent support - as does Jolly Rodger on the other one.

Al.