• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my yeti......

evssv

Knuckles and carriers  fitted 20151123_225001_zpsshaioyxr.jpg

20151123_225608_zpscmuzm4l0.jpg

20151123_230507_zpsyrazbyp1.jpg

I had to shave a tiny  bit off the rod  ends  as they rubbed a bit  but all  good now. 20151123_233255_zpstdh5wayo.jpg .. fr tower  and bumper  brace fitted and post mount 20151123_233647_zps2wxipddy.jpg

20151123_233720_zpshpmo9ubz.jpg

Only the motor mount to fit  now. .well  tomorrow. .....

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

Again, refer to the manual. I don't quite recall, but I think you tighten it all the way down, then back it off a quarter of a turn or something.

I'm not 100% as I have the Robinson Gen 3 slipper unit in mine, and I clamped mine all the way down.

I set mine on the XL to Axial's suggestion.... Looser than a vegetarian IBS sufferer after a lentil vindaloo....:lol:

Reverted back to the Noj way: tighten right up, back off a gnat's chuff! Full traction at top end achieved and can temps dropped by 35c, that'll do for me :thumbsup:

Always a bit of trial and error with a slipper.....remember it should ideally be set when the pads are cold....

• Like 1

I thought the yeti 1ten was abit of a flop. The xl seemed to be a big hit. I do really like the yeti score truck tho I want that body shell for my slash conversion if it'll fit.  

Axial have licensed king shocks for the new line too, the score should breath some new life into this chassis if conversions are as simple as usual. 

It'll be ace if axial release a score XL mayb traxxas would hit back with a sc maxx. It could be a fun year coming up. 

Perhaps back off a chuff more...I took the measurement from the wrong end in my head oops! 

A way to test is thus: rest the truck against your foot, wearing footwear, then gently 'kick it' away from you and then apply throttle, listening for how long the clutch slips as it comes back past you.