• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

tamiya tt01 help needed!!

100southin

hi guys,

i have just built a tamiya tt01 but the pinion and the spur don't seem to mesh correctly and makes a horrible noise when running it is the standard 19t pinion and 61t spur and it is a fixed mesh anyone else had this problem????

TT-01 isn't 48 pitch. It's mod 0.6. If you've tried a 48 pitch pinion with standard spur, then that's your problem.

Check out RW Racing for pinions. Steel ones are a must. Standard Tamiya ones are soft as cheese, even though they are metal.

Edited by Praet0r87
Additional info.

TT-01 isn't 48 pitch. It's mod 0.6. If you've tried a 48 pitch pinion with standard spur, then that's your problem.

Check out RW Racing for pinions. Steel ones are a must. Standard Tamiya ones are soft as cheese, even though they are metal.

hi sorry my bad it's not 48 they are the standard spur and pinion as stated about it is 100% stock as it came in the kit 

Do you have the motor mounted to the corresponding holes on the motor mount to match the pinion? If you do it should mesh perfectly.

otherwise check the spur gear and motor are both seated properly :good:

I wonder if they've mistakingly put the wrong pinion in then, or wrong spur?? It's probably worth the few quid investing in a steel rw pinion and a replacement spur, just incase some mixup has occured?

I have TT-01 and have never had an issue with mesh at all.

Do you have the motor mounted to the corresponding holes on the motor mount to match the pinion? If you do it should mesh perfectly.

otherwise check the spur gear and motor are both seated properly :good:

I didn't know the hoholes were different I have the motor with he writing facing upwards bolts are at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock 

I wonder if they've mistakingly put the wrong pinion in then, or wrong spur?? It's probably worth the few quid investing in a steel rw pinion and a replacement spur, just incase some mixup has occured?

I have TT-01 and have never had an issue with mesh at all.

I thought that but I counted the teeth on both and they're correct 

I didn't know the hoholes were different I have the motor with he writing facing upwards bolts are at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock 

that's your problem fella, there should be something in the manual telling you which holes are to be used, the motor sticker could be anywhere too.....

Could be correct no. of teeth but wrong pitch, though? Especially since 48 pitch and mod 0.6 are almost impossible to tell apart. I can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't mesh.

OOPS, never mind. Gaz nailed it!

Edited by Praet0r87
Sorted!

Tooth count is irrelevant if the pitch is wrong, the teeth are shaped differently for different pitches.

I too have never had an ill-meshing Tamiya spur and pinny... I'd pop the can out and ensure you have mounted it through the right holes on the mount for the given tooth count