• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my project tmaxx picco 26 build

Malcs RC

hi all here is my traxxas tmaxx that ive had for over year and ive been building it up to were it is now ive had a tmaxx before many years ago but i wanted one that was way better then i had before so this why ive gone to this much effort im still wanting alloy shocks and also im after the rrp steel gears so these will be next .ive got the steel drive shafts to go on which il update with them fitted heres a few pics 

IMG_0776.thumb.JPG.b0b335003bf80063fe5af

IMG_0800.thumb.JPG.47dcca834d7b6e0097963

IMG_0815.thumb.JPG.354c1829bad20b9354abaIMG_0804.thumb.JPG.18a697d47d3e8edf1dc33

Edited by Malcs RC

cheers info il check that out mate defo needs new shocks upgrade.i need to upgrade front rear diffs to think its emaxx or e revo they use  .been along build most the parts has had come from usa. but been worth it who else is using tmaxxs feel free to post pics up

Thinking is that as you increase the power / torque and as / when you give it the beans, a plastic case might stretch / deform. potentially starting to skip a couple of cogs, eventually chewing the gears.

If you're staying nitro, they are powerful, but have less power low down .... which is compensated by a clutch with a higher rev bite point .... which will take you back to the above!

Traxxas diffs are OK, if you stay stock. As you up the ante, then, erm, perhaps not!

Those UE diffs have built-in bulkheads as well - overall far from a bargain, but not THAT bad a price - believe it or not!

Some go for LST diffs - not sure how they fit - they are solid but some have had problems with them.

Some go for CEN diffs for really high power installations .... apparently they're another option, but not certain of dimensions.

Al.

UE diffs are da bomb! They'll never let you down. They're very expensive, the last pair I bought were used and still cost 220 notes. The diffs aren't actually all that special, it's the housings that allow you to fit 1/8 buggy diffs with no modifications necessary. If you purchase the housings on their own, there's a few buggy diffs that'll drop straight in. 

• Like 1

Keep an eye on the UE site - there are sales from time to time.

Main other source is Ebay.com

Don't forget import duties - and that courier thing.

Royal Fail add a handling charge when a duty needs to be paid - strange they provide the same service without it if it gets through!

Al.

• 1 year later...

hi I thought id do little update as been a while I managed to buy a supermaxx chassis and big block engine mounts so fit this lrp 32 in.next is the spider diffs and cases.also need some decent shockers

Edited by Malcs RC

I think the picco 26 is the absolute best engine on offer if youre selling it and it runs well let me know. 

If you go with rrp gears you can just replace one gear with the rrp gear and it be just as good. i got the full foc on a revo .26 but straight after installing it found most people just swap out one gear i forget which gear it is. 1st or the smallest transfer gear. 

Another thing i found fitting the full kit is you need the old bar from std gearbox to use with the rrp foc. If you have the traxxas foc gears fitted it'll have the foc bar. lay shaft idk. luckily i still had the bar i my box. 

I doubt the ue diffs will be needed i never touched my revo diffs not even a service or shim and they was fine with picco 26 power. BL diffs could hold up fine to the .32

Revo and maxx have the same diffs but the cases are different square cases on the maxx and round cases on the revo. So if you did need new gears youll be able to get them for £10 easy from ebay chop shops. 

The BL diffs have a strengthening I bar added. But adding some alloy diff cups might be as good. 

That's a nice chassis are they stronger and stop the maxx snapping in half or dp they still need chassis braces adding?

Cheers that's good bit of advice yea it's running the forward only and also I need rrp uprated gears to replace standard traxxas I do have a fetish of the picco 26 max I have 3 brand new ones including this one this been run 10 mins only I built this as my proper first RC truck was a t maxx and sold it so thought I'd get another build it even better .so you reckon just go diff cups them spider diffs are dear

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just sold some with rpm protectors fitted thru fb. 2wks ago ish lol. 

If you ever sell a p2 ill be intrested so long as i could source a mount lol. Got me last time. Took 3months to find a mount lol. 

• 2 months later...

bit of update managed to fit my proline power stroker shocks set and I put the paddles on for now I bought these for my savage xl .also fitted hd metal drive shafts.just need to find cv boots for them.will get more pics up soon

• 2 weeks later...