• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

lipos

Alexmcc

Have to be careful Alex buddy. 

have a check to what esc are installed in your tamiyas and check the online for manuals to them

these will state if they are lipo able .

0.2v does not sound a lot but in electronics it can be a blue smoke special or a just getting by.

so please check the esc type before you look at changing to lipo's 

Have to be careful Alex buddy. 

have a check to what esc are installed in your tamiyas and check the online for manuals to them

these will state if they are lipo able .

0.2v does not sound a lot but in electronics it can be a blue smoke special or a just getting by.

so please check the esc type before you look at changing to lipo's

I agree I had a TEU-104BK in the Sand Scorcher powered by a 4200mAh LiPo and it kept overheating and shutting down, also I had tamiya plugs and when I upgraded to brushless esc and motor combo after a few run the car started to go real slow when I went over to retrieve it the plug was smoldering just about to go up in smoke, I now use xt60 plugs much safer.

My boys Mad Bull has the 104, always on lipo and never an issue.

It may be because on the Sand Scorcher it's enclosed, with no fan on top.

I'm going to try it in my TL01 Subaru Impreza chassis with a standard can, I'll see if it's any better in there, I've removed the brushless from the TL01 because it kept pulling the tyres from the rims even after I superglued them on lol