• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tomlad's Axial Dingo

Tomlad

I used to add loads, well as much as I could and it worked okay but I did see a noticable difference by only adding a minimal amount.

My SCX10 is a bit of a fatty now and adding the beef tubes should help lower the CoG ever so slightly.

Also, people get too caught up in running more weight up front.

In hindsight, typically your LED's are located there, as are winches, winch controllers, winch LiPos if using a wireless one, so don't worry too much about weight bias up front Tom, wait until you've completely finished the build to a working vehicle and see how it handles for your driving style :)

You may end up adding all of the above in which case you'll have a truck that won't go downhills without rolling over lol.

Edited by Oh How Original

Completely agree with oho, although I run the opposite, beef tubes all round and approx 300g in each front and 200g in each rear of the Orange d90. Reason being that there is so much weight in the shell it counteracts it by having stupidly heavy wheels, again suits my driving set up and maybe not yours.....

As I've mentioned before, all the advice that can be offered is to be used as a base line, the final set up is very much a personal thing to the driver and style of driving.

Try to run it without gluing the tyres though, that way you can see what suits before gluing them up completely :good:

• Like 1

Ahh now as I've had a top heavy D90 SCX10, I can certainly +1 that, lots of up high weight, in comparison to a stock SCX10, or at least stock shell set up.

I'd also agree on not gluing the tyres.

IMO, beadlocks are the only way to go especially if you're getting it regularly wet and using it on various different terrains, you might need to alter the weight or change the tyres or whatever, so the SSD beadlocks are definitely worth the investment, don't be tempted into plastic beadlocks, in total I snapped 3 of them on roll overs.

They also look a damn sight better than glue :P

Edited by Oh How Original

Those Beef tubes do look great but I'm not spending any more money on this for a while wallet has taken a beating lately, I'll stick with the weighted wheels for now. I do want some beadlock wheels at some point and I'll be getting LEDs fitted too all in the future though :)

got a few things through the post today

IMAG0082.jpg

and built a little more tonight. Starting to look like something now

IMAG0084.jpg

Ha smae colour as my scx10 cherokee, its a really nice colour an has a slight orange tinge to it, it should suit the dingo perfectly

Ha same colour as my scx10 cherokee, its a really nice colour an has a slight orange tinge to it, it should suit the dingo perfectly

Sorry, phone double posted for some reason

• Like 1

I have nearly finished building the Dingo up. Just waiting on Transmitter and receiver then that's pretty much it for now.

Had a bit of a disaster whilst spraying the shell. I masked it all up, no where was left uncovered but instead of masking it all I taped paper to the case and once I started spraying I didn't notice that some of the masking tape on the paper had lifted.

Sprayed the black all ok, removed the mask and sprayed the yellow. All was going ok or so I thought. I removed the clear film and saw that what I thought was over spray on the film was actually on the car and I was a little gutted, or alot gutted. I also forgot to mask me lights up on the front :doh:

So what I decided to do was using carbon fiber vinyl sticker I covered the bonnet. Think I got away with it, no chance in hell would I be forking out for another shell!

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

This is the only picture I took, I was too gutted.

IMAG0114.jpg

aaand stickers galore! :D

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

One next to the scout.

Does the licence plate relate to how you felt when you peeled the film off?  :tease:

Great save with the carbon though. Overall it's looking really good chap  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Does the licence plate relate to how you felt when you peeled the film off?  :tease:

Definitely! 

I couldn't believe it. doesn't matter now though it's sorted :sweatdrop:. It will be going through mud and all sorts soon any way.

• Like 1

The transmitter came today so finished the build

Water proofed the servo

IMAG0104.jpg

cut the foams (not going for perfection here) and glued the tyres!

IMAG0124.jpg

and done, for now at least.

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

Took it out for the first run (not the best quality pictures, my phone is a pretty naff camera).

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0157_BURST007.jpg

VIDEO0017_0000000330.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

I love this car, loads of fun. had a couple of problems, it is a touch heavy on the front as OHO said it would be but I have glued them in now so looks like I need new beadlocks :whistling:. I forgot to put a nut on the back of the servo horn!!! and I don't know how but the Y link (not sure if that's what it's called) popped out of the ball joint on the rear axle. I popped it back in but did not expect that after the first run. I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks, a couple of the decals hide some of the 'problems' I had :D

Think the waterproofing went ok. Not sure if it would stop working straight away or after a while. I just sealed the edges with silicon and greased up around the gears :)