• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

yeah there not very good on tuned b 12`s..:rolleyes:.I had one go on my 1st b12 on  the m4...like u oil all over me boot..leg....whole right side of the bike...bloody everywere.:banghead:....I only stopped to eat me pastie as I was starving....:lol:...then realised I was covered in oil.....thk it was chivley services......I made it home.....I went through about 3-4 on the black b12....:ack:.......I got 3x repaired ones here....they hold up much better once they have been beefed up around the lower in/out areas.....

Edited by evssv

It was oringally green and gold, found out Suzuki UK only had 500 of them in that colour scheme shipped in. I've still got the original green tank and body bits, bought another tank, front Mud guard and fairings (body, whatever it's called lol) and prepped me for spraying mat black. It's going to go Gloss Black over winter hopefully!

It's got Barnett springs in it, two of em. I only changed the clutch in March this year. The original was slipping a bit, so out went the old and in went the new. Even with two springs in I can't notice any difference in the feel of the lever, still nice n plush, easy to operate. :good:

And in the green:

IMG_3484.JPG

nice:good:..got 2x barnetts in mine aswell....:yes:....and new clutch.....which has not long been sorted  after months of not working correctly..:ack:....will hopefully  use it for  work one day this wk once i fit the new battery..:yes:...to see if the clutch is still working ok....:rolleyes:....so wot other work has urs had to get to 140bhp then?.....u dont get that by addin a pipe  n filter thats for sure:lol: like sum people thk :rolleyes:.....

Edited by evssv

The camshafts had been changed, so that coupled with the stage-3 dynojet kit, timing advance, denso iridium plugs, full exhaust n cone filters, and the head ported and polished. And there's a clear difference riding it using Shell & Esso superunleaded as opposed to normal unleaded... Not sure how much all that cost to do, but it's easy enough I guess, cams being trickiest! I abolutely love it, it's a pleasure to ride and really responsive, and is quite happy pootling around at slow speeds too, no jerkyness at all, surprisingly smooth and not lumpy  :D

• Like 1

@evssv  liking those heated gloves!! Do they plug into a 12v socket?

Well I made it home, took 6hrs in the end, mental traffic. Was cold from Blackpool down towards Wrexham, then it went noticeably freezing cold after that :cold: Got to Aberystwyth on the coast and it started snowing :blink: ha! Never seen snow on that coast road before in my life.. snowing along the coast for another 20miles, roads were still ok though. Just a few patches in the middle where it was beginning to stick.  The Diamond Cut tyres really did come into their own! After so long I have to turn off the coast road to head south again and go over the Presseli Mountains and down into where I live, it really was coming down thick n fast then. Compact snow on the roads!! WOOHOO!!! I stopped on the top and it was so peaceful, no wind, snow coming down hard, was nice :D  I was so impressed with the bike, managing to climb up on hard snow. Kept it in a higher gear, barely touching the throttle and it trundled up. Then a low gear and slight rear brake every now n then when going down on the other side! Great fun. dreading to see the state of the bike this morning when the sun comes up lol Billy will need a dam good cleaning today!

Woke up to this weird looking white stuff falling out of the sky , its highly annoying as i not long cleaned my scoot ............ Oh wait just been informed it is that rare stuff called snow that can sometimes fall in east anglia  lol .

annoying point is , 12" wheels on slippery snowed roads aint a nice feeling , worse when your still breaking in a full set of new tyres :(

14 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

One of my heaps of poo-poo has just passed its MOT test with no advisories....YAAAAY.

J

(Picture for illustration purposes on as I am ashamed of mine :lol:)

85.PNG

I thought you were off sick?

Congratulations anyway. My scoot is due an mot in 2 weeks but I don't think the poor thing is going out in this cold and salty weather :cold:

14 minutes ago, yoodoo said:

I am off sick , my mechanic picks it up and drops it off. Jesus , I wouldn't dare get on it in my condition .I wouldn't last five seconds on it.:o

J

It must be wonderful to have staff ;)

Just realised the scooter needs tax, not mot :sweatingbullets:

I take mine down to my mot garage, I can use certain attributes to ensure a pass :ssh:

Are you going to show us a photo of your actual bike?