• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1:1 Motorbikers

HYPER-BOY

On 15/10/2017 at 21:30, Oh How Original said:

New video :D 

Deadcat buddy : 

make a dead cat mic muffle , what i did was go to the range in norwich  and into the ladys department . what your looking for are those fancy cheap ladys gloves , the ones that have those fluffy wrist cuffs on them , or wrist cuffs  and/or a pompom keyring .

now i went with the fur cuffs but they did not work to well so i grabbed a range faux fur keyring pom pom , cost me a quid, got it home and took a knife to it to deconstruct it and remove the faux fur , once i had that i could then fashion it into a kind of little mic glove , i sewed the pom pom in a way i could slip the mic into it and then ziptie it securly so it wouldnt fall off. the change in wind noise was very apparent from the start very little wind noise but voice came through perfect and not muffled, the dead cat pompom mod acts as a wind break deadening the wind traveling around and over the mic as the air is defused by the fur hair strands .

fake fox fur pom pom  link in range

2 minutes ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

Deadcat buddy : 

make a dead cat mic muffle , what i did was go to the range in norwich  and into the ladys department . what your looking for are those fancy cheap ladys gloves , the ones that have those fluffy wrist cuffs on them , or wrist cuffs  and/or a pompom keyring .

now i went with the fur cuffs but they did not work to well so i grabbed a range faux fur keyring pom pom , cost me a quid, got it home and took a knife to it to deconstruct it and remove the faux fur , once i had that i could then fashion it into a kind of little mic glove , i sewed the pom pom in a way i could slip the mic into it and then ziptie it securly so it wouldnt fall off. the change in wind noise was very apparent from the start very little wind noise but voice came through perfect and not muffled, the dead cat pompom mod acts as a wind break deadening the wind traveling around and over the mic as the air is defused by the fur hair strands .

fake fox fur pom pom  link in range

I have one already, that's as good as my audio is likely to be, it's only a fairly cheap microphone anyway and it's because the wind rushes into the helmet, it's really not the best helmet for the job, but I'm pretty sure I'll be deleting the channel soon anyway so it won't make any odds :P 

23 minutes ago, evssv said:

Thats how we roll here dinner times...:yes:.....:lol:.....obv if i wineing n dineing  a fit female it definatly wouldn't b bk;)......

KFC? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, evssv said:

Sweet :D...mechanic has fitted me  knobbly and did the bearings aswell:yes:

20171017_14052520171017_140529

What bike is this for?