• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SWORKz thread

J.K

Thought i'd start a thread since the ownership numbers are starting to grow a little!

Feel free to post anything - questions, tips, upgrades.....your race results.......but most importantly - PICS! :lol:

I recently completed my S350 EVO build - I got a good deal on a new kit due to the release of the EVO II

I plan to mostly run on the dirt and astro tracks at Herts - practice sessions only at the mo as I don't have the time to commit to racing.

Here's a couple of pics of mine but I haven't run her in anger yet!

D0AC0BC1-0BD0-4991-9DC0-F4AD1D97CB40_zps

E99605FA-A6A9-40FB-9069-4D1DB5632042_zps

26D02548-7182-4259-BF39-0AC508705501_zps

96598C3B-36EE-48F7-AA53-DC4A263AE157_zps

• Like 2

I've used all the stock diff & shock oils so I'm hoping to fine tune it once I start getting some track time. I'm a bit of a track novice so I'm hoping the chassis will be easier to tune than my Hyper 8.5 which this has replaced.

I also plan to upgrade the throttle linkage support with the aluminium version to remove the slop: http://answer-rc.com/uk/en/2205-s-workz-s350-series-psp-aluminum-throttle-linkage-arm-set-psp-gm.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good fella, good choice you made there.

Taking my 2 to Slough today if you're free for a couple of hours at around 1pm?

My pics will come soon.

Sorry I missed you fella, I've hardly been out over the summer! :( just moved into the new house so decorating had to take priority, my S350 has been built for about 2 months now and she still hasn't been maidened!

The good thing is the new house is 20mins from herts so I'm hoping to be over there quite a bit once all the jobs are done :)

Went Herts yesteday, the Sworkz although the chasing car did well.

Need a new front engine bearing as engine was under powered and he kept stretching away on the straights, great car though and handles well.

Hope to see you sometime soon dude, think we are going back this Sunday

Short Video - mines the red car

Nice work Daz, what engine you running?

Track's looking good, rumour has it they're hoping to host the Euro B in the not to distant future :)

I'm hoping to be over one day in the week, could've met you after work Sunday but I don't finish until gone 6! :(

Edited by James1986

Nice work Daz, what engine you running?

Track's looking good, rumour has it they're hoping to host the Euro B in the not to distant future :)

I'm hoping to be over one day in the week, could've met you after work Sunday but I don't finish until gone 6! :(

Running a Bullit 217 which is in need of a new front bearing, which should be here this week in time for Slough Sunday.

Bring your car to Slough for a few hours, you won't regret it

• 1 month later...

I haven't run an Evo2 yet.....in fact, i haven't even run my Evo since i built it at the beginning of the summer! :( Good weather days have all been spent at work, with crap weather whilst I'm off - typical!

Still hoping to track-maiden her any day now once the weather improves...i don't do mud!

So I finally managed to run my Evo today - about 4 months after building her!

Took her to the track and had the choice between the dirt track or astroturf - went for the astro just to get everything bed in. Couple of thoughts:

This thing FLIES around a track! This is my first "proper" race buggy after bashing my hyper around a track and this thing is in a totally different league - the amount of grip is staggering, almost overwhelming and I haven't even started to dial in the chassis yet. Running a new set of Proline Crimefighters and they may have a little too much bite on astro.

I have an issue with the shell. After running up and down the main straight naked whilst tuning the engine, I stuck the lid on and as soon as i did so the revs increased dramatically. Thought it may be fouling the throttle linkage but it's nowhere near. Puzzled me for a while until i noticed that the shell would foul the fuel line therefore leaning the mixture and increasing the revs. I can't see any obvious way around this without cutting the shell. I'll have to have a think.

I also need to dial in the brakes - a tiny dab and all 4 lock up - it wants to front flip! I can work on this.

Very happy so far though! It's true you can get a hyper or another basher around a track but you need one of these to do it quickly!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/11/2015 at 22:31, James1986 said:

So I finally managed to run my Evo today - about 4 months after building her!

Took her to the track and had the choice between the dirt track or astroturf - went for the astro just to get everything bed in. Couple of thoughts:

This thing FLIES around a track! This is my first "proper" race buggy after bashing my hyper around a track and this thing is in a totally different league - the amount of grip is staggering, almost overwhelming and I haven't even started to dial in the chassis yet. Running a new set of Proline Crimefighters and they may have a little too much bite on astro.

I have an issue with the shell. After running up and down the main straight naked whilst tuning the engine, I stuck the lid on and as soon as i did so the revs increased dramatically. Thought it may be fouling the throttle linkage but it's nowhere near. Puzzled me for a while until i noticed that the shell would foul the fuel line therefore leaning the mixture and increasing the revs. I can't see any obvious way around this without cutting the shell. I'll have to have a think.

I also need to dial in the brakes - a tiny dab and all 4 lock up - it wants to front flip! I can work on this.

Very happy so far though! It's true you can get a hyper or another basher around a track but you need one of these to do it quickly!

I know this is very late but for anyone looking for this information i can answer it, You have to route the fuel line around the front body post and put a band or zip tie around it as seen on Atushi Hara's Evo.

• Like 1

On 1 June 2016 at 02:22, AndyFergo said:

I know this is very late but for anyone looking for this information i can answer it, You have to route the fuel line around the front body post and put a band or zip tie around it as seen on Atushi Hara's Evo.

Now that make a lot of sense - and perfect timing just before I butcher the shell - nice tip! Cheers for that :good: 

Here's Hara's:

Sun-HaraS350-9_zpsuforokp7.jpg

Edited by James1986