• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Looking to buy 4WD SCT, which one?

After running my Slash 2WD I'm thinking about getting a 4WD one now. 

I just dont know which one?  Is there any 4WD SCTs on the market that are rolling chassis only, already built but without electrics and radio gear?

As for RTRs I like the Slash 4WD and I see that lots of you rate the HPI Blitz, is there a 4WD Blitz?

Cheers all

I have a Losi ten SCTE and its a superb car would recommend it to anyone who wants to race or bash :) 

The Tekno is a great bit of kit also but not as strong as the losi and parts are harder to find.

I've got a Ten SCTE 2.0 and cannot recommend it enough. It's literally bomb proof - it's a 1:8 buggy with lighter parts underneath so very strong. You can get the full fat SCTE 2.0 as a roller or one with less upgrades as an RTR. The only upgrade it needs out of the box is an 8ight E body to put inside to keep the crap out when you bash it. 

Apex, modelsport and wheelspin all do parts so it's easy to get replacements, not that I've needed too. Still not broken a single thing on it.

Edited by mond

No 4WD Blitz... The 4x4 Slash seems the best for durability, certainly is for hop ups.

I also like the AE Prolite 4x4.

The LCG Slashes are meant to handle much better, which is why I've just bought a LCG Ultimate, I didn't like how my old Slash handled so hopefully the LCG is better.

LCG is much better!

I've had both, & I had to get another as soon as funds allowed, missed it a lot.

I have a Losi ten SCTE and its a superb car would recommend it to anyone who wants to race or bash :) 

The Tekno is a great bit of kit also but not as strong as the losi and parts are harder to find.

No way is a Losi stronger than the Tekno, sct410 is a tank, parts are also easily available in the UK now, you wont get a tougher truck.

I read that is basically a budget version of the new Team Durango DESC10 (Arrma and Durango have the same parent company), which gets some really good reviews. No shock really as it's based on the DEX8.

If I was to get a new SC tomorrow, I would probably consider the DESC10. http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/desc10/

The only thing you'd have problems with is the 17mm hex 1:10 wheels, which aren't very common.