• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Zombi's Axial SCX-10

Zombi

Finally managed to make some progress with the interior. Family life's been hectic over the last couple of months, I've not even been out with the chaps for weeks!

Anyway, it's all done, I just need to figure out how to attach it in there. I'd like a removable solution for maintenance, but I can see me ending up glueing it all in. We'll see.

P1040730_zpsd449wcti.jpg

P1040735_zps6onbtm2k.jpg

P1040731_zps3r3ptufh.jpg

P1040734_zpsuk8sfpa0.jpg

P1040729_zpsyrnhc0vv.jpg

P1040728_zpsgyullidm.jpg

P1040727_zpsge9suzei.jpg

P1040724_zpsowtcbvhe.jpg

P1040726_zpsvyxurc2b.jpg
  • Like 1

Bloody marvellous, Mr Zombi, figure couldn't be a better size, the chequer plate sets the floor off very well....consider using it as panels for the centre tunnel too...reckon it was that, small addition to mine which made Gaz take it off my hands ;)

The Boyer may actually get painted up and put back together....then money will be prised from a 'temporarily shut' wallet...or Vats will boil! ;)

• Like 2

Thanks guys :D

Yeah the boys fit in there rather well actually, I'm wiping my brow over that one as it's just pot luck they do!

Noj, so when you say centre tunnel, are you referring to the console thing in the middle, and to put some plate on the sides there?  If so, yeah that could look pretty cool actually, I'll cut some out and see how it looks. Reckon painted green or black would look better over the raw ally?  I could add some weather effects if painted.

Sides of the console indeed :)

I used the plastic plate, painted it red to match my colour scheme (black and red), looked rather nice with the red dashboard and roof ;)

Tis the little things that maketh the difference...

• Like 2

I believe he still owns a rc4wd Boyer hilux......

Only cos he misplaced the shell in the move and only found it when I'd put RC spending on hold..............................................................

Got quite a substantial update for you learned chaps tonight then - where to start.

Before I got cracking installing the interior proper, I added some inner side panels. Originally, i wasn't going to bother, but I didn't like looking at my silver undercoat through the cockpit.  I measured up some .75mm black styrene, used my mini heat shrink hot air gun thingy to soften up the corner and bent it into position. I then used some Shoe Goo to fasten them into place.

P1040736_zpscfflxmbs.jpg

P1040737_zpsuza9zdjw.jpg

P1040738_zpsqywbmq98.jpg

P1040739_zpsbfw7eapz.jpg

I was tempted to add the inner details to the panels (window handles, arm rest), but no one would ever see them so I decided to pass on that.  I got the Axial Exterior AX80038 and Axial Interior AX80037 detail sets, they've got some ace stuff in.

Next was trying to figure out how to attach it. I definitely wanted to be able to remove it, so once again I consulted the oracle that is Banners, but this time more of a sounding board. I eventually came up with my solution, which was to use some thin ally I had knocking around to make some mounting brackets.

As you can see from the pics, I made them in the shape of a 'C', put two holes in one side and Shoe Goo'd the other side to the body - one underneath and the rear on the outside.  On the front I used normal screws and some of those thin Axial nuts, and on the rear just self tapping screws.

Although the brackets themselves are pretty crude (I lack stuff in the way of crafting tools and wench bench fittings for such things), they actually worked a treat, and the Shoe Goo is rock solid :D

P1040740_zpsbwj4mkmw.jpg

P1040742_zps1lvmgz7f.jpg

P1040743_zpspoiwyuke.jpg

P1040744_zpsg67m73ee.jpg

All that was left was to attach some door handles, wing mirrors, steering wheel and of course, the lads!  I've still got the front wipers to add, put the cage back on and a few other bits, but the hard work is now all done.  It's my first attempt at such a 'complex' (for me!) mod, and certain bits are a bit fudged, but on the whole I'm proper pleased with it.

P1040745_zpsthmp3ehy.jpg

P1040746_zpsgoyogvol.jpg

P1040747_zpstyhwdwsk.jpg

P1040748_zps3uifoa9d.jpg

P1040749_zps8y7usnl3.jpg

P1040750_zpsbxp5nsox.jpg

P1040751_zpsa2kipubi.jpg

P1040752_zpsjpiz2owh.jpg

P1040753_zps3f1mm064.jpg

P1040757_zpsjn8f6xdk.jpg

P1040758_zpsroqwsizf.jpg

• Like 1

Despite going off on holls tomorrow and not actually having packed a thing yet (when the mrs realises, I'm dead...), I couldn't resist completing it to see what it's look like. Viola! 

P1040768_zpsvekm7uwk.jpg

P1040772_zpsn2m35lt8.jpg

P1040773_zpstcekmpue.jpg

P1040774_zpskmab7biy.jpg

P1040775_zpsfsv7lcvu.jpg

P1040776_zpswunbzm8e.jpg

P1040777_zpsacjdeu8v.jpg

P1040770_zpsis7rtqvz.jpg

P1040779_zpsjtozyg6y.jpg

P1040780_zpsbevjm7rw.jpg

P1040782_zpsc5eq2dyk.jpg

• Like 1

Aye they do - Arnie has about 20 points of articulation.

The figures are made by NECA, and to find them you're best looking on Amazon and eBay - but beware of bootleg fakes, the Chinese knock them out.

For the guys above, search for these on Amazon:

NECA predator dutch - cheapest I can see there is 50 quid! I got mine from the US.

NECA windrix - 12 quid nice and cheap.

The make figures for most cult/great films, like Aliens, Terminator, Predator, etc. Then the figures are released, they don't cost too much. But once they go out of production, their value seems to ramp up.

If you're looking for a good and cheap military guy, they've just about to release a Commando figure :D