• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro popularity

h4rri75

Hi,

Haven't recently struggled to sell 3 very nice nitro cars I am starting to wonder if the popularity of Nitro has dwindled to a point that no-one is buying. Or is it simply that new cars are coming in at decent prices so people prefer to buy new?

Thoughts?

The problem with nitro is its too much for children to look after/run so with the lipo brushless systems being easy to use and longer run times its the way forward. I have 2 nitro's that sit on the shelf now as my boys can be bothered to use them and prefer the electric stuff..

Thats my view anyway..

Yeah we haven't used our nitro's since going brushless almost 2 years ago now...We have 4 nitro's still sat on shelves .and 11 what run lipos ..so much less hassles all round. ...and u don't pee people off with the racket of nitro on a sunny afternoon ....which I do miss the noise an smell...but can't have everything......

Edited by evssv
  • Like 1

I can see the attraction of both and will always have at least one Nitro but it seems no-one is buying at the moment. Great for those that are buying though as lots of bargains about :)

I started off with nitro but I found it too tedious constantly struggling to get it started when outside temperatures changed dramatically from the last time I tuned it which can be quite often with English unpredictable weather. The after run care didn't bother me because you expect it when you buy these cars but I certainly didn't expect to struggle actually driving the dam thing all the time lol. I now drive electric and petrol with a big smile on my face [emoji3]

Still run nitro.....and still enjoy it just as much as ever.

I know the ads for the cars the OP was selling....and the reason you struggled to sell them was price.

We love nitro, for the kids its the noise (well for me too), the fact that its a mini engine so a mini car that they get to drive, do doughnuts with the engine screaming, tyre squeal (on tarmac/concrete). Its like a day out when using it, you have to pack it all in the car, go to a suitable place, take there bikes/outdoor toys for when the truggies warming up, a picnic etc,   where you could also do this with electric ones, you don't really need too, heck if you wanted to, you could drive it about your house (partner/parents permitting of course). 

As a few have mentioned above, electric ones are more maintenance free than nitro, but my son (and even my daughter) loves checking bearings, screws, fuel lines electrics etc before we take it out, having to put this we bit of effort into taking it out makes it a lot more special (for want of another word) when we get it out and much more enjoyable plus the kids seem to get a bigger buzz then they think that they've fixed something on the truck (and they make sure everyone knows that they are the ones who fixed it)

Just my opinion ofcourse

Allan

Got to agree with the above posts..........I only have nitro & love fiddling about, stripping it, re-building it & tuning it.  I love the noise, the speed, the getting dirty..........& most of all, the sheer satisfaction of seeing it performing after doing all that.  The down side, for me, is that mine is an 1/8th scale, on road, so I have nowhere to race or compete with it here in the UK & am relegated to car parks.  I've toyed with the idea of electric, basically because there are so many more places to run/race them, but it doesn't have the challenge of nitro for me.

When selling...look what's attracting interest. Look on E-Bay and see what is attracting bids. Don't just look at starting prices. You want to see what they actually sell for. Stick a load on your watch list and see where they end up.

If you advertised your Hyper for