• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/18 brushless motor issue

mad4rc

I have just recently bought a 1/18 scale 6100kv trackstar sensorless brushless system. The motor is getting very hot.The wire to the motor are getting hot too but only to the point where they plug in to the esc wires. It has done this from new. I tried running it for the second time and its still the same. So just befor i send it back i thought i would post it on here to see if there are any easy fix's i can do. Wishing to save on down time without a combo as mine is currently out of stock and dont want a slower one. My mesh seems fine no notching.I am running 17t pinion and a 66 t spur. The speed controller seems to be doing everything it should.Any help would be great.

it gets untouchable  litteraly after 30 seconds. my friend has exactly same set up in same buggy his is fine temps are with in range. im running a carisma gt14b rtr

You can get smaller pinions. Could be under or overgeared, you get the same symptoms either way where either the motor is topping out too quick or the motor is having to work its nuts off to keep it moving. A 380 can is ideal for a GT14, a 380L might be better for torque and heat though. normal 1:18 motors are 370 size so having a 380 or a 380L might be better :) just my 2 scheckles worth.