• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

optifuel?

martin34

Optifuel race all the way

When you are back up and running again then I would suggest to try other things....even if only a litre of this or that...you never know eh...and at the price of that 30% Byrons you can not go far wrong...

Having said that I am not going to be trying Opti...but some doubt has crept into my mind about it all....

I know that Opti uses Klotz and they manufacture many different oils...a few are appropriate for our application (as in- they mix with our fuel basically)...

Some of the Klotz oils for our application already contain castor...and some do not...Opti is quoted as fully synthetic which makes me presume they use regular Klotz Techniplate oil...but really I can not find any actual evidence here...

What I do know is that Opti is based upon flight engines and they branched out to encompass cars...I have noticed they changed the race mix of oil for cars from 9% to 10%...and there was even a different blend "OPTIMIX-30 Super Lite Race"

All very interesting for geeks (like me)...a few links:

https://www.klotzlube.com/ecommerce/CatalogCategoryDisplay.aspx?CID=60

http://www.optifuel.co.uk/FAQ/FAQs.aspx?pid=119&pttl=FAQ%27s&mid=219&smid= ((bottom of page 1 and 2 (also notice the comment mid page 2 about Byron)).

Edited by Anthoop

• 3 weeks later...

When i got my firestorm i was given a few gallons 0f the 16% hpi power fuel!!! well it didnt take long to burn that lot through!!! this truck is sooooooooooooo adictive!!!! well i finally ran out of the rtr fuel so as the shop only had the race blend of 16% i thought what the heck give it a go, so after a little bit of retuning (1/8 hsn richen) the truck it like a totoal bloody rocket!!! 

but . . . . . 

im now having a little problem!!!!

HOW i say HOW can i keep the front wheels ON the ground????????????????????????????????????