• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

scx10 custom steel caged truggy

hi all ive been wanting to do a truggy build for a while now but wanted to do some thing of my own design but couldnt find what i was looking for i look a a hilux ,f350 and a tundra but could get my hands on any of them cheap

but as a spur of the moment i found an old clod shell in my shed left over from an old project an it was worth a go and see how it turns out.

pics to follow very soon

• Like 1

Thanks guys I do plan to put more frame work at the rear but I'm just waiting for the new shocks to arrive then I can get them in the right place. There is going to be a spare wheel carrier too within the frame

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by crusherjay

If you just want to build the odd cage you could braze it but for speed and ease a tig welder is the way to go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And reliability ;)
  • Like 1

chevy fleetsider , the clod superclod used a 70's onwards body, the pumpkin used a pre 70's body

this is what happens when an rc guy likes lots of offoraders and decides to use them all in his real life version.

at its heart is a fleetsider lol wouldnt think that ? 

Gaucho_resized.jpg

• 1 month later...