• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Balance charging

sparkysx

yes and no.  lol  i used thunder power lipos that never had a balance lead and i never had a issue.  you can charge without balancing but just check the cells are close before charging.  or you can put it on balance charge but right near the end when it is messing around getting the perfect V just stop the charger if cells are close.

Edited by turok007

Mines taking a stupid amount of time from storage, over an hour. Just got the charger back from Modelsport because the fan sounded like a hoover, but will phone them tomorrow about the charge times. I have 2 brand new turnigy's and 2 older dynamic lipos and they all take a really long time to charge. The charger is this one:-

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/overlander-rc6-vsp-80watt-7a-output-ac-dc-charger/rc-car-products/379060

Edited by sparkysx

What size batteries are you using? If its 3s or bigger, it will take longer because the ampage drops due to lack of wattage being its a 70w charger :)

Being a 2s, it should take 45-60 mins dependant on how low your LVC was set at if you are charging from LVC. Also depends on how well balanced your cells are before you bung them on charge too.

Edited by NuttyProfessor

5000/2s/60c lipos, 60mins plus from storage

my 4s 5000 take just over 1 hour to balance charge from storage charge using the same charger. Its quite normal.

At the worst the cells read 3.79 and 3.80, normally both matched exactly though. I have it set at 5.0amps 7.4v 2s.

Modelsport are going to have a look at it. It does the same thing on 4 seperate batteries, 2 of the batteries are only a few days old.

Oh, and this is on two different cars aswell.

Is the calibration value of the charger correct? Mine was about 0,05v out, made a right mess of a few batteries, two hour charge times and suchlike......... Corrected the calibration, then the charger popped anyway, so i binned it.

Edited by mattr