• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The new km do's before running please post.

RCbutcher

My body shell is nearly finished having a coating of skrimp tape and shoo goo. I've got one of the bumper clips I need, but still need another

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Bearing is the same size as the clutch/wheel bearings. It's the common Baja size.

On mine, I found hte gearbox poorly greased and the diff oil poor quality. I replced the oil with good 10K oil and thoroughly greased the gerbox with CV grease.

Threadlock the motor screws and the ones holding the clutch carrier and backplate

Killswitch is an easy fit, and should come with instructions.

Also worth doing hte clutch bolt mod. Replace the bolt that holds the pinion onto the clutch from the inside not the outside. Then hold the pinion on with a 4mm nyloc nut. You will need a slightly longer bolt. Means if you snap a bolt there, it's an easy fix! It's a common breakage if the pinion is not a good fit on the clutch.

• Like 2

Hi,

First post, but have just installed the switchblade to my KM today. Very simple to fit once you decide how you want the cable to run.

The supplier suggests putting an opening on the seam of the battery box and pass it, at the other end, by the side of the carburettor.

Personally, I chose to drill a hole on the top of the battery cover and an additional hole on the plastic cowling around the engine. Then ran the cable down to the base of the chassis and along side the tank.

In hindsight, the LED is too far forward but the light can still be seen.

Have some attached photos.

The light from the LED is visible when looking towards the front.

What I like about it is channel three on my Absima transmitter now kills the car, in addition to it not running if the receiver does not have a connection.

Only had the car for a week so shall see about what other people have mentioned here, but after one tank running in I have decided already it is better than my nitro cars. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

6c39681ce71927c60bf12ac6121db68f.jpg3d0b461c0f6f5f6811a188bcba7de8c3.jpgcbe84865bdfa2d81d59263b265c2adc6.jpg4d545e9ee79e993ca8489321fce895dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pedrolami
  • Like 1

Bearing is the same size as the clutch/wheel bearings. It's the common Baja size.

On mine, I found hte gearbox poorly greased and the diff oil poor quality. I replced the oil with good 10K oil and thoroughly greased the gerbox with CV grease.

Threadlock the motor screws and the ones holding the clutch carrier and backplate

Killswitch is an easy fit, and should come with instructions.

Also worth doing hte clutch bolt mod. Replace the bolt that holds the pinion onto the clutch from the inside not the outside. Then hold the pinion on with a 4mm nyloc nut. You will need a slightly longer bolt. Means if you snap a bolt there, it's an easy fix! It's a common breakage if the pinion is not a good fit on the clutch.

You really need to switch your 't' and 'h' keys around... :tease:

Tape the stock km tyres unless you can get some hostiles. The tyres are a real bash stopper.

I used shoo goo for my mesh mod. Worked perfect and holding well. I used a fine mesh off eBay. Here's a link. I used the fine one..

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121159746092&alt=web

If you have a spare glow starter you can use it for cage mod. Fits perfect :)

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/202009-KM-Baja-Roll-cage-mod

The switch blade comes with simple instructions to follow. Once you read it, it will be easy to fit :)

Edited by Gazlam