• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM Baja

fish6634

Hi all

I am in the position to buy one of these and i know alot of people rave about them but there is one thing i can't understand.

Why are they half the price of an HPI?

Its quite alot of money for me and i don't want to make a wrong decision.

I know the hpi parts are compatible, any opinions and views are welcome.

Help me avoid buying the wrong car and wasting alot of money :)

Thanks

Graeme

And what a awesome copy it is :) mines been out again today, and what a performance its put on three days in a row, wicked thing best buck iv ever spent, km all the way, with the right mods done there very good.

As Thunderwolf said really ^ (I hope it doesn't turn into a bickering post)...

To be honest, have a good search on the subject (here, Google etc) as this has been asked so many times.

My 3 pence is go for the KM 002a, then upgrade the common items from the get go, you have to do this to the HPi anyway, you'll save a fortune....  I don't need to list them as they are in 1million other posts!

But, my final thought is the KM.

• Like 1

Whatever your budget will allow and slowly like myself build up the upgrades and get the KM as its a great starter platform and I might be bias here but I can only recommend what ive used and abused :-)

did you have the same one mate?

did you have the same one mate?

No mate I bought the T1000 truck as in my signature below and upgraded the usual parts to alloy and added my own theme

The KM Baja is a nice place to start but I wanted BIG lol

• Like 1

you wont go wrong with a km.... as for posting links you need to click on the button that looks like a light switch.

No mate I bought the T1000 truck as in my signature below and upgraded the usual parts to alloy and added my own theme

The KM Baja is a nice place to start but I wanted BIG lol

your sig car is a beast by the way :)

you wont go wrong with a km.... as for posting links you need to click on the button that looks like a light switch.

thanks for the tip buddy :)

• Like 1

i am looking at spending a bit more now on an 002 or 003 :)

wouldnt mind the bigger engine :)

Sounds good mate but remember to save a bit of cash for the upgrades that will need doing straight away e.g pull start and air filter outerwears...depending on what model you go for the front and rear shock towers will need to be upgraded to alloy as the plastic ones will break after your 1st tumble!!!.im sure others will chime in on stuff ive forgotten to add but keep us posted on what u buy

i am looking at spending a bit more now on an 002 or 003 :)

wouldnt mind the bigger engine :)

I have the 002C versoon and while I adore it I hate the grey color with a passion, hate it so much that I'm changing it all to black!!

As already said the front shock towers are crap out the box, I've been through 2 sets so just go straight for the aluminium versions.

You'll also need a remote kill switch, outerwares and some good quality 2 stroke oil.