• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SCX10 G6 build thread

I wish i got all day, i very rarely get more and 30/40 mins to go out

In which case 2200 should be about spot on. You can always get two and run them in parallel for longer runtimes when you do get the chance. Fit nicely on the sliders too, which keeps their weight centred and low :)

• Like 1

One good thing about the SCX10 is the shell isn't a PITA to remove like it can be if you have a G2 or TF2, so changing LiPos is easy if you get a bit of extra time, stick a spare in your pocket/bag or whatever you carry and you can quickly change and carry on :)

Being small, you should be able to charge two at a time on almost any digital balance charger, with a series balance board.

• Like 1

This is what I do, carry spares as they're hardly big or heavy and if I end out playing longer than I thought (or get caught up hill climbing, its murder on runtime :) ), just swap fresh ones in.

Being small, most chargers cope with two or more at once quite easily, deans charge board from HK is cheap and does the job :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be ordering some wheels tomorrow and I can't make up my mind. Its between SSD d holes in black and gmade SR03 in matte black.
http://www.rcbitz.com/wheels-tyres/wheels-on-off-road/off-road/1-7-wheels/1-9-steel-beadlock-d-hole-wheels-2-black-12mm-hex-mount-scale-bolts-g2-ssd/
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GMade-1-9-SR03-Beadlock-Wheels-Matt-Black-2-GM70184-/271726389817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4427aa39

The SSD's look great but I would like something different and all those tiny bolts would annoy me. The gmade is a bit of a gamble as Im not sure it would suit the body.

The SSD's on your G6 looks great, which is a major factor in why I'm considering them

My vote is for SSD's, just as I really like the way they look :)

Thank you for the pic, the gmades look great on it.
Cheers for the link  :thumbsup:

Gmades do look rather stock.Using them for my SCX10 Unimog build but not sure if they would suit the G6.

Cheaper here:

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/gm70184-gmade-1-9-sr03-beadlock-wheels-x2-matt-black

John

1-10-Gmade_zpsz6bpd9tr.jpg

Time for an update.

I got my wheels through today, with refreshers in the packet :lol:  
I went against the grain and got the gmades. I have assembled them without tires for now to see how nicely they went together, no issues there. The hardware does feel very cheap and could do with being replaced.

Im rather disappointed by the finish. In one of the wheels there is a gash in the metal around 10mm on the dish and then they went over it with the matte black. The black was also applied very thinly and some has chipped off even before I opened the packet, I imagine they will "weather" very quickly.

IMG_0669.jpgIMG_0671.jpgIMG_0672_1.jpg

Hopefully within the next few days I will be baking the stock wheels to get the tires off so I can fit them to the gmades and take it out for a spin.

They do look good once fitted, and I like the weight they have. Also what doesn't looks better after its been used, you need some rock rash then realistic weathering. That's what these wheels are all about, not bling

I took a gamble and it didn't pay off. I still like them and think they will look good on the G6.
Ive just baked the wheels but I think the oven was a little to hot as it started to melt the wheels and tires  :rofl:  not bothered about the wheels, hoping the tires will be ok once they cool down, if not i'll order some more stock ones as they are pretty cheap and perform well.

The house is well and truly stunk out. I have the extractor fan going full blast with all windows and doors open.

Shame to hear about the beadlocks, mine were fine with no visible defects

I'd contacted the company about it myself.

They'll no doubt get scratched pretty quickly but that isn't the point.

SSD's FTW ;)

Mine didn't have any defects although thought they were a bit crudely made. Still they work OK and look good once fitted.

John

Mounted the tires to the rims, but the tires have to be replaced, they have warped, pitted and very sticky so I'll get some new ones ordered.

These turned up this afternoon
IMG_0675.jpg
Ordered both my wheels and the shocks last thurs and the shocks only took 1 day longer from china :omgblinky:  
Shocks went on quickly, running box stock. Only issue is that my servo now hits the chassis brace, and I don't have a dremel fix it.