• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone running a RR5

flatout!

Iv been looking at these rr5 and don't they look somthing? When seeing them on line i thought it was a losi with a buggy shell? Im still sure what i saw was a losi with a buggy shell but what the ekk! These rr5's are awesome looking beastys and i want one,

im really after seeing one in the flesh and i think there'll be some at nook when i go there, hope there is anyway :)

Is there a rear wheel drive version ? Or they all 4x4? Suppose people would think im crazy wanting to rear wheel drive one but im not keen on 4x4, maybe I'll change my mind if I have a go with one,

im new to 5th scales and im going to use my km to get used to this crazy feeling of all this power at my finger tips lol! And when iv got into racing malarkey then im going to go for the rr5 and get some real racing in :)

If anyone can find the time for a chat about the rr5 id be very greatfull thanks Steve :)

The guy who took my used baja brought his rr4 here with him and it really did look professional he had all the good alloy parts on it too. He said the parts was really expensive hence wanting a baja to bash instead.

They do use the parts from these mcds for losi buggy conversions but the rr5 would probably be the king of the track.

So they are a good racing machine? But a bit expensive lol! Sounds like them all, lol! :)

There's not a chance in this world id be buying one right now, but iv been studying the hole 5th scale range and the 4x4 looks the racing machine and im sure know one needs telling that,

but what it is, is i love the rear wheel drive, the counter steers my thing I love it, iv seen plenty 4x4 sideways but they oversteer like crazy that would do my head in till i stopped it,

the rear wheel drive you just flick it and it's there its round, and if you get the counter steer right which I try my hardest to do, lol! Im getting there, It all falls into place and it go's straight round lovely.

I can't believe how quick im going through my rear hostiles mx extra hard compound to, only running on grass but its chewing through them, very even i may add, well impressed with um,

so know one up to now running one? I'm sure there is and they've not seen this yet. Thanks for yhe replys guys could do with a bit more information but its made me think about how soon to get one lol! Steve.

Edited by flatout!

From a purley racing point of view, the MCD is a great team drivers car, if you're an owner driver you will need deep pockets and oddles of time between heats to keep it maintained. The likes of Hoerman, Elcon and FG are equally up to the tast and when you look at the big picture, they are much cheaper overall to run during the course of a season. The LOSI 5B is becoming a real contender with convertion kits becoming more common and they are proving to be very robust and good value for money.

So they are a good racing machine? But a bit expensive lol! Sounds like them all, lol! :)

There's not a chance in this world id be buying one right now, but iv been studying the hole 5th scale range and the 4x4 looks the racing machine and im sure know one needs telling that,

but what it is, is i love the rear wheel drive, the counter steers my thing I love it, iv seen plenty 4x4 sideways but they oversteer like crazy that would do my head in till i stopped it,

the rear wheel drive you just flick it and it's there its round, and if you get the counter steer right which I try my hardest to do, lol! Im getting there, It all falls into place and it go's straight round lovely.

I can't believe how quick im going through my rear hostiles mx extra hard compound to, only running on grass but its chewing through them, very even i may add, well impressed with um,

so know one up to now running one? I'm sure there is and they've not seen this yet. Thanks for yhe replys guys could do with a bit more information but its made me think about how soon to get one lol! Steve.

Setting up any car correctly - either 4wd or 2wd, will enable you to drive the car how it should to the maximum of it's ability - the driver ability can not be blamed for a cars poor performance.

From racing real 1.1 motors i agree the set of the car is the most important thing, if it ant straight it ant rite, lol!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate this information and take it all in, i can't wait to get out racing, bashing isn't for me really, but it gets me out with it and i get plenty practice in,

Thanks again keep it coming!

It's not just 1:1 racing, these RC cars for the most part are built/designed for racing - if it isn't set up right, it won't work right.

If you want to go racing, let us know where you are and I'll point you in the right direction, failing that have a look at the brca-lsor web page or fb page and you can get some more info. 

Well i raced a V4 for 2 seasons as a King Cobra supported driver

19102011229.jpg

It was fantastic for the first 4 races then the ware set it and it got so unreliable i couldnt finish a final.

So set to with some of the needed upgrades that cost an absolute fortune

There gear carrier alone as a RRP of 300 quid lol

10072011207.jpg

10072011209.jpg

Got fed up of spending money on it just to try and get to the end of a final

NVR6129.jpg

Would i have another MCD? Not in a million years lol

Losi 5ive B for me next

• Like 1

Thanks for these pictures guys :) im getting some good about um and some bad about it, love it, lol! Im thinking now then about a losi 5t with the nice new rr5 shell, that looks nice and the losi is a right old all rounder, that'll do me,

but let's get this learning curve out the way,

I went out testing my work on the intake, the gaskets needed changing and i put a different intake on it, its a black one, not the brown one, it was amazing, what a difference it mad, the old gasket was covering half the holes including the main intake lol, a way it's sorted now, it was that good it blow the gearbox apart, lol! Its only knocked a tooth off the main drive cog in the top of the box, i seen somthing fly out from the buggy a few minutes before it let go, lol, its split the plastic gearbox casing but everything's ok apart from the 20 tooth drive cog,

TR quick diff gearbox it is then :)

Thats it a losi with that shell on it, nice :D

i just didn't think you could really change the look of a losi 5ive and clearly yes you can, its awesome,

this threds really changed my mind on the losi, now I can buggy it, looking like the one above that will do me,

so there stronger than the rr5? The losi i mean, I can imagine the losi being the one to go for iv been looking at the losi more and trying to imagine the 5ive with the buggy shell and this us it, this is the way im going, practice with the baja for a few years ( coff coff) months lol! Mrs mite be reading,

it looks great guys I love it :)

• Like 1