• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

3D printer - Anyone got access to one?

Karlos fandango

You can do a few small objects at one time but the limitation is that everything is printed one layer at a time and that means one layer at a time over the entire printing table. In other words the printer treats a group of objects as one big object. If it didn't and you printed one object completely and tried to print another the print carrage would hit the first object as it moves around.

John

John that skull looks sweet, could it be possible to do a tank same as one on the right in pic ? Or even an oval one for hydro oil or would it eat the plastic away used ? https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-xIZwiUmQL70/UkBy9kszYYI/AAAAAAAAAHg/oW1Ufm0W3ek/s800/IMG_4652_zps350ddef0.jpg

Edited by Trans4Mation

Ok bud cheers I'll look into it , I know it leaked all over the 3 speed an other plastics parts on it an it's cracked it all so may looking at best route it could even end up being done in brass or metal to be safe not cheap replacing all Tamiya plastics if goes again I've used alloy as much as I can upto now but been on back burner for 3 years awaiting my time be good to get it rebuilt again & used . Cheers again with Info