• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

lipo Q...

evssv

I assume you mean in series to make 6s if so no.

I would only advise using packs in pairs that are the same spec ie make, mah, c rating and ideally had about the same amount of use.

Thanks.

Edited by DazzaClio
  • Like 3

as long as your not pulling more amps that the lower lipo can handle it won't be a issue

a lot of people even mix the cell count like 4s + 2s in series.  i have done it myself loads of times.  but as i already said go by the lower C pack

Edited by turok007

Mixing cell count is fine in series....each 'pack' is made up of a bundle of cells in series to start with so a 3S in series with a 2S is exactly the same as a 5S pack....

BUT

as mentioned, if the cells are NOT identical....the lower rated cells will discharge first, the ESC will not be able to detect the LVC as it will be reading an average and the pack will probably end up suffering damage, and potentially getting over stressed and failing catastrophically. You may get away with it for very short runs with a warning buzzer plugged into the low rated pack.... but why risk it.

You want to have the same Mah rating and the same C rating so they will discharge evenly