• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Clarkson - Top Gear off air.

atom3624

we will see if he really wanted it to end.  just wait a week to see if he turns up at another channel still dribbling out the same old rubbish  that a lot of the British public love so much. 

Clarkson is the only real reason i watch top gear may and hamond are nothing with out him

Stuck up his own arse - yes

kn&b - yes do i still like him though yes

Top gear seasons are getting shorter and are going of air for longer now to produce the next series which kind of takes the mick a tad however i still enjoy the show most weeks but i do still prefer top gear usa

I have them on in Hotels whilst browsing the internet, if there's nothing else on. 100's seriously tedious now - interesting to start.

That dude's more irritating than Clarkface.

Much prefer River Monsters, but that's getting repetitive now, and that other one from Newcastle's useless - can't even use a reel in South Africa ...

Wheeler Dealers is starting up again - looks like that's almost going to combine with Chip Foose somewhere down the line .... another Al idea!!

Al.

how dare you say the 100 is tedious ha ha i've loved every episode tbh

The LIVE show in Sweden or Norway - sorry I forget which!! - IS going ahead, WITH Clarkson!!

Word is the other 2 REFUSED to continue without Jezza - they were offered to continue and complete the Studio shots without him.

We'll see.

End of an Era - but so was Top of the Pops with Jimmy Sav ..... can't say that!!

Al.

Ratings were higher than ever!

'Simulcast' as well, in USA, Oz? ... several different countries simultaneously anyway.

Content has been variable, with one MAJOR ongoing theme - that 'showdown', and basically will Jeremy become Jennifer!!

Al.

The LIVE show element isn't owned by the BBC (they have shares but thats all) so they don't have that much influence. Ditto all the merchandising.

What the BBC control is all transmission aspects - including foreign sales. So it can't appear on TV without them.

Top Gear webisodes will be coming soon I suspect.....

A higher profile, big budget show doesn't just need to be factual, it does need some form of Buffoon / Baboon to front it - give / take flak and basically create some form of reputation - good or bad.

Look at 5th Gear ...

Content is excellent.

Presenters as well ... but ... apart from Tiff's exploits once he gets behind the wheel, it's pretty boring really. I could read about what they present and not feel any different.

Top Gear IS different - that's why it's been so controversial - good or bad. It gets the audiences. It gets the people talking!!

That was his job, and like it or not, he did it brilliantly!!

(Did I just write that? It IS true 'though!!)

Al.

Caught Evo on the radio coming into work - 'NO, I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF AS A POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT ...' 

Another thing, if they FINALLY have 'that race', why did Jezza want to change his name to Jennifer, shouldn't it be Jessica?

That's the name of the theme tune to Top Gear - poetic or what!!

Al.