• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Yeti XL kit or rtr owners thread

2 hours ago, autobutcher said:

Just got one and was reading through the thread to see what's what and what the best bumper was,  got a horrible shiny Ali one on mine, that came straight off! 

Has been a bit quiet rc scene wise. Seems to be a lot more interest in the cheaper ones lately, FTX are banging them out weekly it seems, some decent stuff as well. Can only be good for the hobby.

i like the tbone bumpers but its not to everyones taste though.

Stock bumper took some real abuse on mine, I'd vote that, plus it's more in fitting with the style of the truck.

The only real reason I got mine was a bit of lack of use and even less places to use it.

With having the smaller Yeti, I found myself using that because it was more challenging.

If I'd been able to visit my favourite spot weekly, it would still be here now, but the last time we went was about 5 months ago, so I just decided the money was better spent on stuff I am using weekly.

I loved it though, brilliant truck.

I'd love another if I end up getting my car test.

Waiting on some 2s to arrive for its first proper test run, only got 3s that will fit in the trays so a very quick blip today just to make sure the wiring etc is all good. 

T-bone is excellent in action, but I know what you mean on the looks, think I'll stick the unused Ali one up for sale and see if rpm have any offerings. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all. Been a while since I added to this thread but sadly my brother has decided to sell his XL as he wasn't using it enough partly due to it's size. Anyway I've listed it on eBay auction at the mo unless anyone wants to make me an offer. Read the ad for full spec Hope it's ok to post a link.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332816916866

Feel free to ask questions.

Tim

• 1 month later...

So I just broke the rear axle on the xl so I was just wondering if anyone had any input on decent alu replacements before I find the cheapest thing from china and chuck that on it.

Just where the extensions hubs mount by the lower rear brace, shame cos I was loving it down the big track, actually took it back up the top track and after a while noticed I was fwd!

Put a max8 combo in it and it was flying! I just wondered whether it was worth getting an upgraded one but I think ill just get the standard replacement for the time being, theyre all about 180 quid and Ive already spent too much on it! 

I think the only thing it may benefit from is clamping lockouts, if they even exist for the YXL like they do for AR60 axle. The plastic axle seems ok other than that.

The top track is actually much harder on cars as there no landing side to the jumps. Burst a DBXL shock on it. 

Definitely for the heavier cars! I found on the bottom track if I get the last bend spot on itll clear the landing area and land in the long grass! With the hub extensions on it makes the handling a lot better with the trenchers on,

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd post my latest video here. The XL is still going strong. Managed to break a rear lower link on this drop off and pierced a tyre bizarrely. Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend some upgraded steering rod ends? My standard plastic ones are a little loose and worn. 

Been looking at possibly tearing the whole thing down then rebuilding with stainless bolts. Is it worth it?

Cheers guys 👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Holy thread resurrection! Sorry.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare idler gear ax31227 and/or gearbox casing ax31000 in UK? My XL is a dead duck without these. Looks like I can get a Robinson Racing idler from US but thought I would check here first.

Thanks