• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's RC4WD Gelande II

Yeah I can imagine, but back then I just didn't put any on, for reasons unknown.

This chassis and drivetrain is heavier than the SCX10's, so that makes up for it.

No wheel weights in this either.

No need for weights if the chassis is heavier lol 

You'll get the chance to drive my D90 again chap, I know you miss it.

Lol, might have to make this a bigger bash.....

My 90 has 12oz in each front and with the wheels and tyres comes in at over 14oz, believe me it does need it to keep the wheels down.

My dodge on the other hand has 6oz in each front but runs a lexan shell, each very different to drive but satisfying nevertheless....

• Like 1

Lol, might have to make this a bigger bash.....

My 90 has 12oz in each front and with the wheels and tyres comes in at over 14oz, believe me it does need it to keep the wheels down.

My dodge on the other hand has 6oz in each front but runs a lexan shell, each very different to drive but satisfying nevertheless....

The more the merrier fella :)

I have actually been thinking about putting some weights in, not much, maybe 20g in each or something.

This pick up can go at some ridiculous angles without tipping over, I surprised even myself, I expected it to be better than the SCX10 was simply due to how much I put on the roof, but I was amazed how far over it can go.

I'm also not running foams in the tyres either, which I'm sure helps.

Took this out today as my replacement shock arrived, didn't get any pictures but I did do a little video on my phone, it's pretty difficult filming and driving though so it's not very good so I'm not uploading it :P

I do plan on trying to get some footage with my DSLR, just need to figure out a reliable free program to edit them on, for some reason WMM can't cope with the file sizes.

Never tried Lightworks, I've tried Lightroom.

My PC is up to the job, I just seem to get mistakes and stuff in the videos when saving from WMM, it loads them okay, but some of the clips skip and stuff, like it hasn't saved it properly, I can only assume it's down to the big file size, it doesn't do it on smaller stuff.

It could be memory but could just be a decent clean up is needed, sometimes even works best to completely uninstall and reinstall WMM. Final trick is reencoding the file to a different format and back again 'restores' them and can cure issues but that's usually if there's been a problem in the render.

Lightworks is limited but very good. Its a proper pro style editor so doesn't have all the usual YouTube effects people love but it is very good for actual editing :)

They're not bad, the wheels are nice, the tyres aren't the most amazing, but they're really nice to scale, I'm not terribly keen on these KRT's if I'm honest, so I'll be going back to the Dirt Grabbers.

What RC are you putting them on? If they're for your SCX10, don't do it, get something taller with a more aggressive tread pattern.

I like my 1.9 Rok Lox I'm using at the moment on my SCX10 :)