• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Proline Pro MT owners thread.

shdaxner

6 hours ago, Guns said:

http://www.rcmart.com/promt-monster-truck-p-58646.html?cPath=1102_1849

Aint that really cheap for one of these?

I did math:

Truck plus Economy shipping: £248
Truck plus 3-4 day Shipping: £264

£399 on Modelsport.

I like these a lot always wanted one but time you spend £250 and then another £120/160 on electrics if not more there not a cheap truck by any means. Mind you there not voted basher of the year for nothing !! 

Did you include import fees and handling ? 

All this said if I was in the market for a 2wd 1/10th basher this is where I'd put my money for sure ! 

Last kit I bought from RC mart was labelled as toy and $50 value and slipped through. 

Its not cheap by any means, combined with 2WD and questionable parts support means It doesnt do much for me, but thought it might be of use to someone on here :)

8 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

Here you go, for those who were interested in how it was done :good:

Niceone thanks for the vid I'll be giving this a go for sure it looks brilliant and looks fun to do so it's a win win ;) 

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Niceone thanks for the vid I'll be giving this a go for sure it looks brilliant and looks fun to do so it's a win win ;) 

You're welcome dude. Yeah it is fun, because making a mess actually works, for once! ^_^

3 hours ago, hitman said:

You going to stick to 2s or try it on 3s?

Just 2s. With 4600kv, it'll be pretty bang-on.

I run my Losi XXX-SCT on 3s, 3300kv and it's a pig to drive! Just too much power.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 May 2016 at 21:50, Praet0r87 said:

Just 2s. With 4600kv, it'll be pretty bang-on.

I run my Losi XXX-SCT on 3s, 3300kv and it's a pig to drive! Just too much power.

You got a link to the combo your using ? 

I chucked that combo in the Pro Buggy and hate it.....underpowered on 2s and just a bit crap on 3s...

Should have stuck with my trusty sc8wp/4000kv combo as per the PMT....

2 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

What losi one I thought you where running a castle combo ? 

2 hours ago, Noj said:

I chucked that combo in the Pro Buggy and hate it.....underpowered on 2s and just a bit crap on 3s...

Should have stuck with my trusty sc8wp/4000kv combo as per the PMT....

If you mean the castle 4600kv combo that's chucked a spanner in the works as that's the combo I was looking at, or the castle 3800kv 

2 hours ago, Praet0r87 said:

You mean the Castle 4600kv combo?? Mine is savage! It backlips on command! :huh:

Now this sounds more like it :) 

Think I'll hold off until I see the running vid in full but it does look promising ;) 

what at size spur is on the mt ?  Is it the same as the  buggy ? 

Got some funds spare so was looking at the new losi scbe but that's got some heat issues so thought I'd stick with a monster truck and what's better than a nice 2wd basher ! 

Seeing rcmart have these on offer it would be criminal not to invest don't you think ;) 

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

What losi one I thought you where running a castle combo ? 

If you mean the castle 4600kv combo that's chucked a spanner in the works as that's the combo I was looking at, or the castle 3800kv 

Now this sounds more like it :) 

In the previous quote, I mentioned the Losi XXX-SCT, but that's cool, if you meant the Castle one. :)

3 hours ago, Noj said:

I do indeed my friend....

Very odd...

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Think I'll hold off until I see the running vid in full but it does look promising ;)

Going to render it this evening. Should be on youtube tonight, although no promises... my 9 year old PC takes an age to render anything!

1 hour ago, Praet0r87 said:

Here you go, dude. I'm going to up the pinion by 2 teeth.

Thanks, boy that thing has got plenty of poke I can't see you wanting more on something so small ..

Great vid that very helpful indeed :) 

£500 on a 2wd 1/10th scale is pretty high end, have to admit I hadn't thought it would come close to that but time you do your sums it's not far off ! 

10 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Thanks, boy that thing has got plenty of poke I can't see you wanting more on something so small ..

Great vid that very helpful indeed :) 

£500 on a 2wd 1/10th scale is pretty high end, have to admit I hadn't thought it would come close to that but time you do your sums it's not far off ! 

Glad to help ;) Yeah, that's why I'm surprised that Noj is finding his system has a lack of power.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Yeah, it's bonkers, really! Especially when you see it hooning around with the Ruckus, as the Ruckus does everything the Pro-Line can... for MUCH less coin! So, really, it is hard to justify the price. Certainly, I wouldn't have gotten the Pro-Line, if it wasn't for my Tay Models deal. It is the best, though.

Edited by Praet0r87