• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

i was meaning let the power off as they didn't look like pizza cutters. lol

Oh sorry yes once it goes over I drop the throttle well I try but sometimes miss the timing ;) and they end up like pizza cutters !

rtr is

Some of these starting to trickle into the 2nd hand market now, wondering what your thoughts are re buying one over new - stuff to look for / damage area's etc and what sort of value you think there worth - there's so few around it's impossible to value it like most used rc's so an owner would have a fair, if maybe slightly proud :) estimation of used price.   Obv there's a lot of variation but roughly for the roller like yours - as new? Good condition?  needing work or tatty?

Also I read re shock standoffs being different - though can find no other info (haven't watched Vas video yet as a matter of course) but wondered if you knew there we're other differences etc?

Lastly, as an owner, do you know if anyone's fitted other Body's successfully to em yet?  Likely most used ones will need replacing (though the stock part is only

Ah yes I see what you mean now yes the version vaz had had different standoff I think where just a nut and bolt style mine are the one piece style with just a bolt to hold them to the towers ..

I run a 2200kv on 6s and to be fair I reckon you could happily run a 2600kv on 4s easily enough ..

If you don't buy it let me know I may gave it myself

Edited by mydoddy69

Ah yes I see what you mean now yes the version vaz had had different standoff I think where just a nut and bolt style mine are the one piece style with just a bolt to hold them to the towers ..

I run a 2200kv on 6s and to be fair I reckon you could happily run a 2600kv on 4s easily enough ..

If you don't buy it let me know I may gave it myself

I'm 90% made up about it, think i'll end up swapping the can out with one of the buggies though - the 10% undecided is that it's a fair drive to go pick it up and they won't post.  At least posted if it was a nail payapl is your friend, if I turn up and it's a dud then it's

Some secondhand rigs can be money pits and some can be on there last legs so it's always best to see them in the flesh ..

Just remember a new shinny rig needs no repairs !!. if this needs a shell etc then these bits will soon mount up, take a good look on Wheelspin at part prices so you can work out the cost of any repair before you go and look .. If the roller starts to creep to far past half the cost of new walk away ..

• Like 1

Some secondhand rigs can be money pits and some can be on there last legs so it's always best to see them in the flesh ..

Just remember a new shinny rig needs no repairs !!. if this needs a shell etc then these bits will soon mount up, take a good look on Wheelspin at part prices so you can work out the cost of any repair before you go and look .. If the roller starts to creep to far past half the cost of new walk away ..

:thumbsup:   Sound advice.  It's not like I don't have a combo or 3 in other rigs that'd swap over as well....

Have priced it all, and at asking even with the motor and travel it's borderline - leaves no more room for issues and can imagine how the seller might be inclined to haggle on pick up knowing I'd traveled a fair way.

What did you go for?  Or is it a surprise :D

Not really a surprise but I'll hold off till I know it will fit for sure !.. It's the only one I have found so far that comes close other than the stock one ..

Did you go look at the one you was after yet ?

Not really a surprise but I'll hold off till I know it will fit for sure !.. It's the only one I have found so far that comes close other than the stock one ..

Did you go look at the one you was after yet ?

Going Thurs - last night at work this run tonight, mini me here tomorrow and going on hols with his mum so won't see him for a week - therefore all RC / sleep / odd jobs cancelled.

Noticed one of the ebay seller's is breaking these now too - though not compared prices to LHS etc yet.

Cheers man it was a rush job just wanted to drive haha, just save up for the roller I think if you got the electronics obviously is a great truck so far does need work out of the box like toe and camber adjustments as also it seems pretty slow with the 16t pinion gear with a 2000kv motor on 4s

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devin

Cheers man it was a rush job just wanted to drive haha, just save up for the roller I think if you got the electronics obviously is a great truck so far does need work out of the box like toe and camber adjustments as also it seems pretty slow with the 16t pinion gear with a 2000kv motor on 4s

Got the cash for the roller - though no pressure as can buy whenever.  You get yours new?

Looks like, similar to a truggy for bashing, it could use 5/6S for the grin factor - much like most big MT's there so no huge surprise.

Yeah mine was new and that would explain it can anyone recommend what packs to run 5s in this thing as I think 6s is overkill haha

Yeah mine was new and that would explain it can anyone recommend what packs to run 5s in this thing as I think 6s is overkill haha

See if you can match some 3s packs to whatever 2's your using now would seem prudent.  

Welcome to the club !

Looks ace Devin , looks like you got the paint scheme down to a tee, similar to your slash shell paint job ;)

Yeah it really needs a 18/20t pinion and some 5/6s to weaken her up 4s is a little dull :(

Haha ikr looks good from a far but far from good haha not my best but I was in rush to get it out but this is my bashing shell I'm interested to see what shell you use, what packs do you recommend? And do you have a issue with your steering being tighter one way than the other I managed to tune it out a little but still there

I'll try and grap some pics in a minute of my shell it's not painted but your get the general idea ...

I posted a few pages back the Nanotechs I got which have been flawless so far ;)

I have just ordered up a couple of 3s gens ace as well ..

Steering no didn't have an issues other than the fairly large turning radius but I have learnt to live with it ..

I did strip and rebuild mine tho as I do with any new rc and shim any slop etc check thread lock, grease,oil that kind of thing ..