• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on buying the HoBao Racing 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport Plus.  I want to do an immediate upgrade on the parts and make it bulletproof as possible.  Can anyone list what I should upgrade to and the part numbers along with the total quantity of each.  Thank you so much.  

I went on the Hobao site below, but I do not know if this is the best place to get them or if they have everything to upgrade

http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/c/hop-ups-upgrades_hyper-mt-plus_hyper-mte-electric-monster-truck

23 minutes ago, vettehigh said:

I plan on buying the HoBao Racing 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport Plus.  I want to do an immediate upgrade on the parts and make it bulletproof as possible.  Can anyone list what I should upgrade to and the part numbers along with the total quantity of each.  Thank you so much.  

I went on the Hobao site below, but I do not know if this is the best place to get them or if they have everything to upgrade

http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/c/hop-ups-upgrades_hyper-mt-plus_hyper-mte-electric-monster-truck

I ordered from there after waiting 2 months they cancelled the order and refunded me, so I wouldn't recommend using them myself .. 

I used to use RCWillpower but they have got very exspensive now :( 

You could try CML but a few of the bits you'll be after are out of stock .. 

I would recommended the following 

OP-0081 wheelie bar x1 

OP-0101 Chassis brace x1

OP-0094 Torque limiter x1

OP-0083N front / rear cvds x2 

94077 outdrives x2 

id also look at replacing the lower rear links with the upper links on the rear and get some Thunder Tiger MT4 g3 rear links to replace the front steering links 

That little lot should make it as bulletproof as you can get it ;) 

You don't have to do it all at once you can just wait for things to break then do it as some bits you may find you don't need. I would get the wheelie bar and brace though ASAP just to save guard yourself 

18 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I ordered from there after waiting 2 months they cancelled the order and refunded me, so I wouldn't recommend using them myself .. 

I used to use RCWillpower but they have got very exspensive now :( 

You could try CML but a few of the bits you'll be after are out of stock .. 

I would recommended the following 

OP-0081 wheelie bar x1 

OP-0101 Chassis brace x1

OP-0094 Torque limiter x1

94077 outdrives x2 

id also look at replacing the lower rear links with the upper links on the rear and get some Thunder Tiger MT4 g3 rear links to replace the front steering links 

That little lot should make it as bulletproof as you can get it ;) 

You don't have to do it all at once you can just wait for things to break then do it as some bits you may find you don't need. I would get the wheelie bar and brace though ASAP just to save guard yourself 

Thank You Sir:D  What about the servo? Savox SV-1272SG?  Need to upgrade that?  

94077 outdrives x2 

Does that mean 2 total pieces of each?  They come in pairs

Edited by vettehigh

• 3 weeks later...

So ive been out of the RC world for while but looking to coming back, ive sold nearly all of my RC's apart from the Hyper MTe im planning on doing a new look with it just not sure yet i dont wanna do to much to it as mechanically its sound just the body shell is past its best so thinking of what to go for next any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Devin said:

So ive been out of the RC world for while but looking to coming back, ive sold nearly all of my RC's apart from the Hyper MTe im planning on doing a new look with it just not sure yet i dont wanna do to much to it as mechanically its sound just the body shell is past its best so thinking of what to go for next any suggestions?

I always fancied getting something like the Dodge Charger ;) 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-1969-dodge-charger-body/rc-car-products/18583

42 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I always fancied getting something like the Dodge Charger ;) 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-1969-dodge-charger-body/rc-car-products/18583

I ran one on a Savage way back - it looked great but needed mounting quite high to clear the nitro gubbins (from mem) - I do remember thinking it would have looked even better mounted lower down.

Interesting I debating between the new stock plus body, Ford f150, desert militia again or do I go old school?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Interesting I debating between the new stock plus body, Ford f150, desert militia again or do I go old school?

I think proline have discontinued the Militia body now :( 

I do like the new plus body and there cheaper than proline bodies but not sure if there as strong 

Yeah it's same still see if I can get hold of one and I'll keep it as a show body, and I always shoe goo and dry wall tape the shells to make them last

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently become a proud owner of the rtr version of the plus...  love it, started with 6s right out the box.  I also have a heavily modified slash 4x4 so I'm experienced with tons of power.  Let me say I sure was impressed with the speed and power of this heavy beast.  Only issue I have had is steering servos being eaten for lunch by this monster. So far I have gone thru the stock one, a savox waterproof.  I have the servo saver set as loose as I can.  Really have enjoyed this thing. 

Do already have the front brace installed and wheelie bar.  

20170307_211344.jpg

Edited by Slashaholic
Add photo
  • Like 1

On 08/03/2017 at 03:17, Slashaholic said:

Another photo with my current body I've been running on my other rc. Emaxx body on the mte isn't too bad a fit.

20170307_211302.jpg

Fits okay that body, what brace have you installed ? The pic above has no Chassis brace on it ? 

So far about 14 packs now and haven't had any real breakage... still fighting the weak steering and it eating servos.  End points are set, I have also checked the servo saver.  All seems fine, so what's the deal?  I did order a 20kg all metal gear servo to try.  Should be more than enough servo shouldn't it?

Yep 20kg should be plenty, not sure why your eating servos to be be honest if you have your end points all set up and your servo saver is loose it should be fine.  Not much help there sorry 

Could have just been bad luck.....  I did launch it off a dirt pile about 15ft in the air.  Landed right on the right front popping the pin out the a arm at the knuckle.  Need to do that bolt mod soon.

Anyhow, any advise from you guys on any setup changes to make it hold the turns a bit better without flipping at half throttle?

Edited by Slashaholic
Autocorrect on phone. ..

Very nice :) 

How are you finding those stock wheels and tyres ? Do they balloon a lot what's the grip like ? 

Thinking of giving mine a yearly overhaul so thought I might try them and a stock plus shell for a change ;) 

Edited by mydoddy69

Stock tires are fine on most surfaces. Don't really have any complaints. They do Ballon alot on 6s.  I haven't ran on 4s but maybe 2 times as I find it too slow for my liking.  I wear em out I will be trying to find an after market solution.  Wheels and tires can be ordered from Hobao.  

I do have a question, how do you set the failsafe on stock electronics for signal loss?  Mine just goes full throttle.

Edited by Slashaholic

On 3/11/2017 at 19:41, Slashaholic said:

Stock tires are fine on most surfaces. Don't really have any complaints. They do Ballon alot on 6s.  I haven't ran on 4s but maybe 2 times as I find it too slow for my liking.  I wear em out I will be trying to find an after market solution.  Wheels and tires can be ordered from Hobao.  

I do have a question, how do you set the failsafe on stock electronics for signal loss?  Mine just goes full throttle.

My go to wheels on a MT are Proline Desperado rims with either Shockwaves or Traxxas Talons fitted. Only work out to 6 inches high but the truck don't roll over nearly as much.

Follow your instructions for the failsafe and leave the TX in neutral position (to coast) when you set it.

If you set it to brake you'll most likely go backwards instead.

• 4 weeks later...

@mydoddy69 Look familiar pal? ^_^

Bad news on it's first outing, it didn't come home working. 2 hexes rounded out on the wheels. (yaaaaaaay :glare:) and the gear box ate itself. Good job, slipper.

20170409_194935_zpsoipjtuj3.jpg

Loved it though!

Spares ordered so it will be out again this weekend. ^_^

Ouch !! 

Can honestly say ive never had any trouble with the gearbox the spur on the other hand ! 

You might want to gear it down if your running 6s I had it geared for 4s - 5s 

Looks like you had fun though :) 

i think there was some spare gear box gears in with them spares fella ? 

Edited by mydoddy69