• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HoBao 1/8 Hyper MTe Sport

mydoddy69

It's running sweet as a nut nothing bent, cracked leaking or come off so all good

To be honest I have to say after all the negativity by a few others that surrounded it from the start it's been as solid as a rock ..

I'm really enjoying it and that's all that matters to me.. Had around 10 packs in it now a mix of 4s and 6s but wouldnt say I have been mental bashing on it yet. Few jumps over the park and the usual wheelies backflips or more the case of trying etc .. So all I can say really is so far so good and so far I'm happy with what I paid for what I got .

It's running sweet as a nut nothing bent, cracked leaking or come off so all good

To be honest I have to say after all the negativity by a few others that surrounded it from the start it's been as solid as a rock ..

I'm really enjoying it and that's all that matters to me.. Had around 10 packs in it now a mix of 4s and 6s but wouldnt say I have been mental bashing on it yet. Few jumps over the park and the usual wheelies backflips or more the case of trying etc .. So all I can say really is so far so good and so far I'm happy with what I paid for what I got .

Thats good to hear, how is the gearbox holding up? With no slipper or diff i was just wondering? Does it make you take it easy on the throttle? 

Thats good to hear, how is the gearbox holding up? With no slipper or diff i was just wondering? Does it make you take it easy on the throttle?

Gearbox is just fine not had any trouble so far .

I haven't changed my driving style or lead finger to accommodate for it no ..

• Like 1

Gearbox is just fine not had any trouble so far .

I haven't changed my driving style or lead finger to accommodate for it no ..

Good stuff, hope to see some vids soon!  :thumbsup:

so would this be a good truck on 4s  or is it another that might be just right on 5s    or is 6s ok   i talking power & speed  not durability wise.

Good question and one I'm unsure of yet, 4s is good fun 6s is a bit bonkers and have not got a 2s and 3s I can pair at the minute so can't say about 5s. I think your on the money tho and 5s is going to be a sweet spot on this kv motor I'm using

19 atm...odd n umber....need to round it up...... :whistling:.....doddy...when ya selling it then..... ;)

Not going to be selling this one anytime soon but I will be outing the st1 and possibly the stampede soon

• 3 weeks later...

Good vid, nicely edited.

Your chassis brace is holding up to those nose down landings!

Why thank you kind sir

I wanted to get those in for this very reason, the brace works spot on ! ..

Also the centre transfer box or gear box which ever you prefer is holding up to plenty of abuse, really need to sort the gearing tho it's got plenty of scope to go higher..

Only niggle is rear shock springs I wish I could find some a touch stronger, trying to find some d8t red springs 83/85mm long as I reckon they'd be spot on but everywhere is out of stock. So if anyone knows of some or some that are the same let me know please

Yeah, with no slipper or centre diff, it was the front and rear diffs I was concerned about, would they be OK? Seem it!

Diffs both front and rear are fine so far, it's had a good mix of power and terrain to give them some stick time will tell but so far so good !

As for Vaz let's put it this way I very much doubt I'm on his Christmas card list !. I'm super happy I took no real notice of his review or I would have passed up on this cracking little gem !!!

I got some Kyosho reds lying around MyDoddy I'll see if they fit your specs ;)

Can't watch vid cos of your music selection :(

Cheers for that !

Yeah trouble was it was so windy the noise is terrible will do one with the sound muted and link it later

Right after selling on some lipos yesterday I have decided this is due an upgrade in the way of power supply .. Now don't get me wrong it's okay on 4 s but comes to life on 6s but I just think constant 6s will start to cause me more headaches than it's worth .. So I have invested in some new lipos and I'm going to skip the 4s and go with 5s and the 6s will stay for the last pack of the day madness .

I have also gone up from a 16t pinion to a 18t but temps seem to have stayed pretty low running at 130f on 6s on the motor and around 105f on the esc . Might be it's because my old 3s packs are only 4000mah so runtime is short at around 15 minutes but will see when my new packs show if this changes or not ..