• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi DBXL owners club

Bigjimknickers

Is there a knack to removing and replacing the shell ? Iam finding it a pain,was thinking of trimming the front part a tad..

Is there a knack to removing and replacing the shell ? Iam finding it a pain,was thinking of trimming the front part a tad..

Not sure if it's the best way but I start at the front, then put the two rear ones in, followed by the side ones. Then put 6 clips in. (2x front , 4x rear)

Suits me

;-)

• Like 1

The Crazy Stu Strong as **** chassis is nearly upon us.....

image.jpg1_zps9hcvhc34.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsnsauugsb.jpg

image.jpg2_zpskc4cqgjk.jpg

This is the final sample back from his machine shop and he's now 100% happy with it, he needs to get 20 preorders to get a production run, I've put my name down for one, price is around

The big difference is the Stu has cutouts to use 5ive engine mount inserts to set the mesh, also I think the red looks stupid and won't age well, but that's just my opinion

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/losb-5802-5ive-t-engine-mount-inserts-screws-20t-4-losb5802.html

My stock chassis is getting pretty chewed up where the engine mount bolts are and ive also got a bit of a bend in it (the fuel tank doesn't quite fit how it used to lol)

• Like 1

Not sure if it's the best way but I start at the front, then put the two rear ones in, followed by the side ones. Then put 6 clips in. (2x front , 4x rear)

Suits me

;-)

That's the way I do it, if you don't get the front ones sorted first forget it.

Today got the Dbxl running, installed the Fid racing servo horns & set them up, then I bolted my new Rcmk air filer on, not sure if that'll be much of an upgrade over stock but they say is at DDM.

I oiled the inner filter like before, I take it it needed oil? They say you must use a outwears with this filter too.

Anyway, it started up sweet as like usual & it's ready for a bash once more.

I use uber Rc filter oil, I pour a little into a plastic bag then squeeze it all over til its evenly applied & not too wet, then pop it back on, I wash the outer filter in the sink with the outwears with a little washing up liquid.

Funny enough just done mine & about to put it back on.

Just bought the switchblade killswitch,is there much taking apart involved for the stop switch ?cant ya tell its all new to me :whistling:

lol,I should have said,(what bits do I remove to get to the stop button wires} :yes:

The side engine case is all you need to remove, the stop button just pops out. The wires can go through a gap by the crank up to the coil.

Ta very much :thumbsup:

I don't if you guys had a similar issue but luckily ive just noticed it! The pinion of my dbxl engine has eaten up the tank slightly ! Luckily I saw it just about in time as the pinion did not penetrate through the fuel tank!

Has anyone else had similar issue? Is it down to the fact that the stock engine mounts for dbxl is plastic and tends to not keep the engine still at high RPMs, I'm guessing??

Edited by lazkopat

The FID tank does away with the part of the tank which under cuts the pinion gear

Okay I shall get a spare FID tank  and keep hold of it until the pinion totally eates up the stock tank :xd:

Is it worth upgrading the tank holders to alloy too? or is just adding extra weigth to the DBXL