• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

First Track Day + Electric setup advice needed!

obious

Hey All,

So I've just taken my car to my local track (Crystal Palace Car Club - Running Xray T4 '14, HW EXRun v3.1, Team Orion 13.5t VST2, Team Oraion 7200 100c lipo) for the first time and so far, I love it.

There are however a few questions that I started to ask on the drive home as I start to notice a few things whilst going round.

The ESC is currently in 'stock' mode, is there a 'faster' mode to program (turbo/blink/etc/what are the differences?)? I have a program card, I just haven't used it yet.

Top end speed wasn't amazing, started out running at 30t pinion but changed to a 26t and barely noticed any change (running a 84t spur), is it worth putting a 4.xt motor in the car?

How do I know if a lipo is out of charge? I stopped running before running the car down as I wasn't sure how to tell if it was getting low.

Since it was my first time, its obvious that I had a few accidents. The car is ok, as to be expected as they weren't head on, just a few rolls coming out of the corners but the shell is pretty much destroyed. All the paint has pretty much flaked off, does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance!

You got led box?

Stock profile does run some boost n turbo (sensored motors only)

Ain't been there for 14 years lol, known to me as nitro & gas track, now leccys running there! I use west London due to previous track owner closed up due to council planned works to gym.

Will have to stop by an see how is now.

As Nutty P says, if you want more top speed you need a pinion with more teeth. Try going up by a couple of teeth at a time until you get the speed you want without losing too much acceleration, be sure to check your motor and esc temperatures after running for about five minutes with each change of pinion. If the car is running too hot you may need to gear down again.