• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ECX Torment beach basher dilemma

Hi,

I've come to the end of my tether with my Vaterra Glamis fear that I use to bash on the beach. It's constantly breaking and I've just fitted the Castle Mamba max pro sct system in it. All I want it to blast up and down the beach at hi speed. If I fitted sand paddles and this motor/ESC into a rwd torment it would do the job wouldn't it?

Upgrades like shocks seen easy enough and I assume you can get upgraded arms and that?

Or is it worth paying the extra 200 quid for a slash when I'm ripping all the Insides out of it anyway?

Edited by burgerboy78

I'd go for something a little more durable with parts easily available, yes sand can be bad if you're up and down the beach.

A hpi blitz, or slash would be good, hpi blitz is super easy to work on and won't traction roll as easily as the slash due to the low COG.

the blitz drivetrain is built for that system :)

Edited by ostewart

Look out for a traxxas or hpi roller to transplant your elecs on to. That would be the best idea. Better idea buy a rtr at good price then sell the parts you dont want. You'll end up with a great deal on the roller.

Slash 4x4 rtr brought for