• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hong Nor X3 Sabre E RTR

I havnt taken my buggy apart completely yet. However, I did take out the centre diff as it was leaking. It now appears fine once I tightened things up. However, left me with a few questions.

1. What wt diff oil for centre

2. Do the front and rear boxes seal and if so what oil goes in?

3. Is there an easier way of removing centre diff other than removing the screws from the chassis?

Thanks

I havnt taken my buggy apart completely yet. However, I did take out the centre diff as it was leaking. It now appears fine once I tightened things up. However, left me with a few questions.

1. What wt diff oil for centre

2. Do the front and rear boxes seal and if so what oil goes in?

3. Is there an easier way of removing centre diff other than removing the screws from the chassis?

Thanks

I'd go with something like 50k in middle, the whole lot was designed for brushless so I dont think 100k like you might put in a conversion is needed.  I haven't stripped the front or rear yet, there will be sealed diffs inside, like the centre, then if it's sealed i'd grease the outer gear.  That's how I remove the centre diff.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers, hopefully MS will get some soon then, as I was pretty sure WS had none when I ordered....

BTW. Wheelspin have the HPI shock protectors in, as I have just received mine.

Still waiting for mine :/

Hi I don't suppose you can point me in the right direction I'm looking for a battery pack for the transmitter it's the hnt-3 thanks

SMD might have one, though I'd personally sell it and get a gt3c - it'll prob work out cheaper, and for

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks bud :)

The quality of these hong nor's is fantastic especially for the price of them.When you compare them side by side to the Hpi ,Hobao,Losi And Kyosho rtr equivalents the x3 is an absolute bargain .

Edited by tomr
  • Like 1

The quality of these hong nor's is fantastic especially for the price of them.When you compare them side by side to the Hpi ,Hobao,Losi And Kyosho rtr equivalents the x3 is an absolute bargain .

I've not run mine, bought it to steal parts for the X1 Pro conversion I did (got a very cheap X1 roller) - however the mount fit but was useless as doesn't have enough adjustment for big pinions.  The X3 is certainly a more modern design than my Hyper 7's - build wise i'd say there very similar.  It's better then the Hyper SS for sure.  

When you need upgrades (other than stock, i can poss help with those ;) ) then RC-willpower have cheap hop ups from the pro - cnc towers and chassis braces would be my first port of call for a basher.

Thanks bud

Do you have any spares for sale ? Cheap ;)

I've got most of the x3 left bar:

shocks and standoffs

servo mount/rx box

battery tray

electrics

mud guards

Wheels are supposedly sold but buyer (local) keeps letting me down otherwise I think everything else is there - It's all brand new - I never even span it up as the lhs we're happy knowing I was breaking it down would sort any warranty issues sensibly.

I'd priced everything cheaper than anyone else (there's a guy breaks lx2e's and some parts are the same) - I just wanted to get the electric conversion parts for sensible money - as is haven't used them after all (X1 conversion thread here: 

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/204577-hong-nor-x1-pro-brushless-conversion/

So pm me what you need/want and I'll help out if I can otherwise if I've the majority left much longer i've some spare Hyper Shocks that'll fit and a losi tray so bar electrics I could prob knock it out as a roller.

Only problem I have is pay day is not for another 3 weeks and I've just blown what I had on a x3,wheels/tyres and 4s batts but if you still have it by then I'd be take the majority of you.

I'd be wanting the front,rear and center diffs complete with cases,front and rear arms with hubs,front ,rear and center shafts and poss the body.

I'll deff pm you the day before payday

Only problem I have is pay day is not for another 3 weeks and I've just blown what I had on a x3,wheels/tyres and 4s batts but if you still have it by then I'd be take the majority of you.

I'd be wanting the front,rear and center diffs complete with cases,front and rear arms with hubs,front ,rear and center shafts and poss the body.

I'll deff pm you the day before payday

Np, pretty much the lot then!  I'll hold it for you till the end of the month - inbox me exactly what you want and I'll sort a price out for you.

Yep,exactly what I thought.

Strange how they don't seem more popular.

• Like 1