• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hong Nor X3 Sabre E RTR

As it stands at the moment.

Slightly stiffer springs all round.

DSC02997_zps5dio54ct.jpg

5mm shock tower,rear brace,rear brace support,rear front and rear suspension holder

DSC02994_zpspjt0ss8a.jpg

Looking good - I hadn't realised it was a leopard can - so that's a plus.  Did you see my post above about the motor mount?

Looks good, I've got an X1 waiting for a conversion - which you may possibly be able to help with :)

Can you measure the centre mount for me please?  Will need total height, centre to centre of fixings top and bottom as also bearing size aand height to centre of bearing.  I'm hoping it matches the X1/2 as will save me buying the absima kit, which inc lipo tray, pinion etc I don;t really need.

thanks

ps mount is x2s-16a - which suggests it's an X2 part (which should fit my X1 also - fingers crossed).

Height of the centre mount less the "X" plate on top is 48mm

Centre to centre of mount is 30mm long ways and 22mm width ways top and bottom

Bearing is 8x16x5

Sorry,cant easily get the height to centre bearing,cant get the ruler in there.

• Like 1

Height of the centre mount less the "X" plate on top is 48mm

Centre to centre of mount is 30mm long ways and 22mm width ways top and bottom

Bearing is 8x16x5

Sorry,cant easily get the height to centre bearing,cant get the ruler in there.

Cheers bud, so centre to centre of mounting holes through the chassis is 22mm wide and 30mm long?  Any guesstimate to the height?  It shouldn't matter too much if too different - I'll just have to use the entire mount assembly rather than reusing one of my existing centre mounts.

I'll go remeasure mine, should this work out I'll have almost a complete X3e should you need any spares cheap.

Yep,thats it.

To me the centre of the centre diff appears to be about 24mm,half that of the overall height of the diff mount itself.

Still cant get to measure it as the ruler is too wide to fit in the space but it ceratinly looks to be halfway.

Nope that's perfect, it should line up and if it doesn't I'll just use the other mount from the sabre, though I'd much prefer eliminating any possibility of flex / movement.  According to the manuals your mount is an X2s-16a, which is the same mount Hong Nor include with the X2 conversion kit.  It physically looks the same as the one included in the X1 kit, however as it's long discontinued.  I'm confident though as sources all say that the aftermarket X2 mount fits the X1.

Originally I didn't want the official mount as it limits pinion size, however the X1 diffs are geared much higher than most buggies so a smaller pinion will give good results.  

Pm me if you want any bits of a X3 rtr - other than the mount everything is avail atm.

Pretty sure there should be something attached here!

DSC03009_zpsqkenp0ba.jpg

All was fine till I did a jump and at that point the wheel came off.

I think the nut had come off before but the wheel didn't fall off till the car came off the ground,at that point it started bouncing towards the lake at the bottom!

Luckily it ran out of speed before actually getting into the water.

The wheel nut is still lost but I have some spares.

Edited by smeghead28

Ouch.  White paint didn't last long either.  How do you find the tyres?  

Well it was only a nut but typically it was one I had only got today  :shockingscary:

Tyres are a bit naff but then I am running on wet/muddy grass and they spin like crazy and the power is being sapped by the surface.

Maybe in the dry they would be better but I will be changing them sooner rather than later.

Well it was only a nut but typically it was one I had only got today  :shockingscary:

Tyres are a bit naff but then I am running on wet/muddy grass and they spin like crazy and the power is being sapped by the surface.

Maybe in the dry they would be better but I will be changing them sooner rather than later.

Yup, tread and lugs look more like dry dirt use, though some obv multi task ok.

What brand are those tyres? I've used both nanda and fastrax preglued. On both sets 1-2 tyres have come off after pretty much each run... 

They were bought as Nanda but came packaged as Core RC with no mention of Nanda anywhere?

Had the Nanda ones before and they were okay,if these come apart I will glue them back together again and if they are totally useless I will buy something else :) 

They were bought as Nanda but came packaged as Core RC with no mention of Nanda anywhere?

Had the Nanda ones before and they were okay,if these come apart I will glue them back together again and if they are totally useless I will buy something else :)

Ah thats the same as i used on 3s in my stampede 4x4. 2 tyres almost came off half way through the first battery. Hope you have better luck with them!

I then went for some genuine Badlands and glued myself as i still had to glue the pre flued ones lol :P

Edited by SuperSvahnen-

Tyres stayed on so far :)

Fitted the 5mm front shock tower although given the beating the 4mm one has taken recently it wasn't needed at this point.

Only a couple of the horrible red bits left and one of them you cant really see so job just about done in that respect.

Will need a new set of bearing though as I have seriously knackered the ones on the car already after running through sand yesterday afternoon :(

Tyres stayed on so far :)

Fitted the 5mm front shock tower although given the beating the 4mm one has taken recently it wasn't needed at this point.

Only a couple of the horrible red bits left and one of them you cant really see so job just about done in that respect.

Will need a new set of bearing though as I have seriously knackered the ones on the car already after running through sand yesterday afternoon :(

Oops.  Pm Saabmania here with the sizes you need, sure he'll be able to help you out (prob sealed ones might be sensible too).

Still not had a totally problem free run today.

One of the wing fixings pulled out so it was flapping around for about 20 minutes.

Almost inevitable given my bad landings recently.

2 minute fix when I got home and all is well again.

Lowered the LV cut off to 2.8v as it was set at 3.0v before which wasn't right as the batteries were still showing about 3.6v

Now they are coming off at about 3.4v and I have a few more minutes run time :)

Iv got my self one of these iv just bought some pinion gears I'll feed back once iv been out this week iv gone for 16 & 17 tooth as stock is 14 hopefully should work out fine.

Does anyone have any tips for protecting the front shock tower when it flips? Is there something which can be purchased or should I just cobble something together?

Hpi Vorza shock tower protectors will prob fir, though might need some trimming.  I've had some on backorder from MS for what seems months...  

Alternatively I've seen people use the bottom of a 500ml coke bottle, quartered, and cut so it includes the bottom and some of the side.