• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which Baja to buy

adefirestorm

Hi

As above I'm toying with the idea of getting petrol just run around in park/ field, I own FG and MCD before so fancy something else, I have been looking around and I think Hpi one is out of question as it top money and you still finding upgrading so I'm pushed more towards the KM and Rovan, I know I will have to upgrade the drive train to be more robust but as I never owned one not sure where to start, I don't think I will go for new one as I just spend way to much on my nitro buggy, looking at some build threads around on net I can see they use eclips on pins but that can get changed to pins with bolt. Also parts support can you fit different arms then the originals?

what would you recommend and I'm not looking for keyboard war on hpi vs clone.

Ade

if it was new i was looking at this

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/king-motor-km-002a-baja-buggy-29cc.html

anyone know what engine is in this also can you put different head kits as replacment? also what servos do this use it,

Its a km 29cc 4 bolt engine and yes you can fit different hwads if you choose to. The servo's are km metal geared 15kg on throttle and 35kg on steering

Isnt it the 002B people recomend the most. I dont know the differences between them all yet. Ide presume the A is the  basic 002? 

Its good to see rcm bringing in new models too like the tamiya cosworth and hyper 7. I hope the shop gets bigger and bigger. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 2

Iv had the 002b and I have now the 002c but iv put a dom clone pipe on mine and the difference between the b and the c is noticeable, aspecally with the dom clone on and it being ported, :) its amazing and I love it.

my mates bought the 002a and that comes with a dom clone pipe and its just the same as my 002b but its got a metal cage and standed wheel hex the 002b has extended ones, if you like that sort of thing then the 002b is the best option and buy a pipe for it as a upgrade,

and the monster tyres are better than the tyres on the 002a, them on the 002a are ok for on and off the road bashers but better on the road,

I think mines a bit quicker than the 002a off the start line, but I think mite have somthing to do with the driver, not sure its that much quicker but iv noticed that the 002c is a bit livelier than my old 002b lol! Did you get that?

id go for the 002c now iv seen and used all three, the 002c has all the upgrades to make it a more ridged and stable baja and its half way to a basher when you finnish it off, but isnt that what you do with them all? It wont be a km for long lol!