• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mercedes Actros gigaspace 6x4

RC4WD fan

Looks great! I love a good Tamiya truck build, keep it up, I can't wait to see the end product!

Ben.

thanks It's finished just got to get the electrics now then I can have a play 82E1D978-72F6-4493-B5F9-005E7C50C34F_zps01ADEE80-815F-4822-8256-53B681DD54F2_zpsB0B4C924-F5EC-4944-A845-F66DD685BB49_zps4CA6557F-0F2F-4114-AD87-DF53A027F0DD_zps can't see the wall I made but it is there EFA16BE5-C023-4D31-9BFD-1AA2A4765789_zps6825C4D3-C3CA-428C-BADC-0C88EAF0E694_zps not happy about the 8mm gap between the cab and front bumper but can easily sort that out with the dermal don't know if this is the same on a Tamiya or not DAD3485E-BC54-4DA9-AC7F-45F9CF463DD3_zps

• Like 1

Did you order directly off the site mate? Was the service good?

Slightly cautious as the site shows no contact details or number :confused:

yes mate if you mean from AsTec the service was very good spoke to allan on the phone and quick to return emails the link should be the phone number at the bottom if the page https://astecmodels.co.uk/contact.php

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, did you manage to sort out the issue with the gap to the bumper?. I am thinking of getting one, how do you feel about the quality of this kit vs Tamiya.

Bob.

Hi Bob I did sort the gap out but me being me cut too much off so I have to use a couple of spacers I forgot to take any pics before I took it apart to put a new motor and servo in but when I put it all back together I'll put up some pics as I'm going to get some beacon lights and so on as for quality no different from a tamiya one apart from the axils for the price you can't go wrong I'm very happy with it :)
  • Like 1

Hi Bob I did sort the gap out but me being me cut too much off so I have to use a couple of spacers I forgot to take any pics before I took it apart to put a new motor and servo in but when I put it all back together I'll put up some pics as I'm going to get some beacon lights and so on as for quality no different from a tamiya one apart from the axils for the price you can't go wrong I'm very happy with it :)

Hi RC4WDfan thanks for your reply.

I usually cut too little off, take it apart again and then cut too much off, then take it apart again to fit the spacers, makes a 1/2 hr job last all day :banghead: .

I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these next payday, only just up the coast from you in Bognor, do you know any clubs in this area where they run this type of RC?, only ones I know of are racing clubs.

Bob.

Hi RC4WDfan thanks for your reply.

I usually cut too little off, take it apart again and then cut too much off, then take it apart again to fit the spacers, makes a 1/2 hr job last all day :banghead: .

I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these next payday, only just up the coast from you in Bognor, do you know any clubs in this area where they run this type of RC?, only ones I know of are racing clubs.

Bob.

no I don't mate the only time I see a big group is at rc model shows

Did you order directly off the site mate? Was the service good?

Slightly cautious as the site shows no contact details or number :confused:

Allan from astec is a top bloke known more aroud facebook frums than any other place

Hes currently building a rotating tamiua truck thing lol

made a little progress closed the gap on the front much better now 152970BE-E1FB-4065-B493-A6CE1C8E61B0_zps also made a tow bar thing need to tidy it up a bit and spray it black 0D9D6F60-195D-40B8-895D-72F339579DC9_zps just need to get a battery and a control going to get a planet T7

That's a damned good price mate, but it's a bit basic.....

Yes you can change the sounds but there is no lights and won't take lipo..... The mfu on the other hand has everything bar the engine sounds that can be changed but the 03 is for euro trucks I believe.

Still looking forward to seeing a vid of it running :good:

That's a damned good price mate, but it's a bit basic.....

Yes you can change the sounds but there is no lights and won't take lipo..... The mfu on the other hand has everything bar the engine sounds that can be changed but the 03 is for euro trucks I believe.

Still looking forward to seeing a vid of it running :good:

yer its basic mate but its just what I'm looking for as for lights I'm getting a ob1RC v3.1 light kit system http://www.rcmart.com/blv31-drift-light-system-touring-driftin-p-36209.html?cPath=438_900 I'm not bothered about it not being a lipo yes it would be nice but really not bothered at all the sound unit and light system comes just over or just under half the price of a mfu-03 but if it doesn't go the way I'm hoping then i'll get a mfu as for a vid if I can work out how to do it on photobucket i'll post up one when it's all done :thumbsup:

Edited by RC4WD fan

ether been going through your rc spare parts box and found the very thing you where going to buy it happened to me was going to buy some beacons but found these 262049A9-AD74-4828-92F3-5F76FAC10EEB_zps completely forgot I had them but for the last 2/3 days I've been deciding witch one to use I like them both so thought I mite let you guys help me out

ether been going through your rc spare parts box and found the very thing you where going to buy it happened to me was going to buy some beacons but found these 262049A9-AD74-4828-92F3-5F76FAC10EEB_zps completely forgot I had them but for the last 2/3 days I've been deciding witch one to use I like them both so thought I mite let you guys help me out

Light bar for me

it's there 1 week for delivery from Hong Kong also got the ESC from there too the sound unit is nice and small I'll put it in over the weekend and try to do a video 0B9467E7-429C-496F-A3D5-B3FE7F4BBF55_zps

got the lights in vary basic lights running from a spear Chanel but only temporary light bar fitted witch can be turned on/off from the control the sound unit is in and working its great bit of kit it has nice turbo whistle too :) when I can work out how to upload a vid I will now on to the next thing trailers do I get one of these https://astecmodels.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=133_148&products_id=1882&osCsid=8bfa2be72b8e8b353ad0c2209a82acda or convert a bruder low loader would obviously have to stretch it anyone done it D183AB4E-3219-478B-9071-8D930B536174_zps

Edited by RC4WD fan
  • Like 1