• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Help with nitro pipe!

Sheilstar12

right, theres a few ways most use a compound cleaner or polish to buff the surface. 

Now us old bike guys, use a trick to bring up old and dirty and/or rusted chrome exhausts.

theres two things you need found in nearlly all kitchens. 

1 can of fizzy cola, the red n white branded stuff ;)

1 roll of your mums finest alloy kitchen foil ( she is gonna kill you but results are 1000 fold)

take your chromed exhuast and find a spot outta the way, say the underside for testing.

now i want you to pour some fizzy pop on the area and at same time scrub it with some of your moms kitchen alloy foil. 

take a damp rag and wipe of the crud, and you should get a nice shiney chrome back. 

NOW the IMPORTANT PART !!!!!! read this !!!!! 

i tamiyacowboy take no responsibility for any damage that may happen upon your item.

you will be doing the above mention full knowing it may or may not work, and i cannot be held to account

if it does work and your mother throttles you because she has no roasting foil. 

its an old wives tail and has been known to work.

That will work on Chrome but IC pipes are normally polished aluminium so it wont work. Use a buffing tool attachment to a drill or dremel and polish it using a very fine abrasive powder

Thats the first time I have seen a disclaimer on a post. I hope it was a joke

Cheers

Edited by ajlovering