• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new motor same problem.

67issues

Just fitted a new clockwise motor to the twister quattro x and its doing exactly the same as the on I replaced. 3 motors turn and this one looks like it doesn't know what to do. (Bit of a back and fourth motion) before it gives up! Any ideas what to check next as I want to get it out tomorrow if I can!

check the whole arm, if im right you stoved it into the summerhouse right. 

so check whole arm unit plastics and mounting . 

if that fails, its the mainboard and you need to RTM the machine back to the hobbystore

for a replacement. 

have you plugged it into PC and run a calibration .

Came with no info about plugging it into PC but I guess I'll just do it and if all goes bad I'll just sack it off as a bad choice! Very minimal damage from the crash and like I say I've now replaced the motor and ESC. Now the motor does turn but stops at 1/4 throttle!

check manual. 

look for section on calibration. 

turn on transmitter and make sure ALL trims are set to middle

set the throttle throws to 100% 

boot up quad and enable the calibration ( DO THIS WITHOUT PROPS FITTED )

its possible new esc is factory but the esc's in your machine are still using a higher rate

so one runs slow the others run normal. 

if not rma it to the shop, say it flew ok out in the park. you came back, recharged battery next moring and problems

had advice got new esc and motor but problem still happens, and diagnosis is the main board has developed a fault/glitch.

Tried it all tamiyacowboy.. Multimeter reads the same at all power points from main control board to the motors! Tried its counter part in the FC and it runs fine. Back to the shop it goes where I'm hoping they'll just fix it ready for the weekend!

So I took this down to tooleys rc toys today and simon gave it a good going over, checked the motor on a different ESC etc and the new motor is a duffer! Another one on order and it has been left in their capable hands to get me back in the air!

Tamiyacowboy do you think that calibration technique would work with the Cheerson CX20 and the Quanum Nova as the Quattro Twister seems to be a clone. Or do you think there will be differences in electronics so each version may have a different calibration technique .

Tamiyacowboy do you think that calibration technique would work with the Cheerson CX20 and the Quanum Nova as the Quattro Twister seems to be a clone. Or do you think there will be differences in electronics so each version may have a different calibration technique .

hi RG1 

its very possible if they are clones they will use the same firmware/ or have firmware that is a near exact copy give or take a few command lines.

usually its a opensource frimware installed ( like multiwii 2.5 ) and is pre set, they set the controller as it was installed in a standard x frame

and use the same pid values that gave the best handling. then its all packed up under a fancy plastic shroud and sent out to the public

as  a generic model ( most are based on the very first phantoms/flamewheels from dji ).

with trawling its nodoubt out there on the web the way to calibrate these other machines, and you will mostly find they all

have the same set rules, spin rotate device a certain way so many turns up down etc etc, when lights flash its done. 

what the calibration does is teaches the compass and gyro where it is in space. 

more advanced systems like the dji naza m series will have a static calibration.

where the machine is placed on a true flat surface and it then resets its systems and

reboots confi files and rewrites the new static data

i would try the above calibration with these other machines, if it enters calibration mode, just unplug the battery

and plug it back in to start again. or run the calibration dance, its always a good idea to recalibrate after any slight bash

or loss or prop etc etc. having that knowledge the craft was calibrated and flight ready.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy