• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Q32 baja

sinner9511

I am very tempted to get one of these to use when my little boy is at my house :yes: .I have a losi micro truggy that I am very impressed with but its not 2.4ghz and I don't like him to use it incase he hurts himself with the areal.Hes just over 2yrs old.

Just sold a BL micro truggy and for indoor, I prefer the q32. Rather rapid, steering feels a bit too quick at times, bashed it inside and out, really good fun and excellent vfm, IMO.

The micro truggy was faster, just too big for inside here....

TW if you think of selling yours, drop me a PM ;)

Just sold a BL micro truggy and for indoor, I prefer the q32. Rather rapid, steering feels a bit too quick at times, bashed it inside and out, really good fun and excellent vfm, IMO.

TW if you think of selling yours, drop me a PM ;)

i am thinking of selling it tbh, its been used twice and i've had it 4 months, i don't use the losi micro t either.

Think you hit the nail, with that one, I also got a Lc racing micro buggy, but that is far to fast to have any fun with indoors, and anything smaller is rather crap, so it's good to see there might be an option for a family man who wants to use his hobby indoors... Let's hope this might get some other manufacturers interested at least.

Edited by khevolution

(sorry for the DP ) just had another thought, anybody know what the connector is on the end of the lipo for charging, ive got a little 1s lipo USB charger for my micro drone, hoping that it will do this also, anybody got a picture of the connector in question?

I'm another fan of the lil badger, it flies on every indoor surface including thick pile rugs! It flies off the included ramp too, very impressive. 

I just use the Q32 usb charger as it's so cheap.

This should give you the info though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SNcc8WAcdZo

cheers for the link, unfortunately its not the correct lead, just thought i might be able to avoid having another charger lead in the house 

• Like 1

Not that chuffed with the steering, it will hold a full left/right lock at times... Anyone else had this occur? Really spoils my excellent driving skill.... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Was thinking about these today. Couldn't you use a scalextric tuned motor for these because they are 1/32 aren't they and some of them go like hot snot

Depends on current draw and fit...

Quick enough for our indoor space, don't even need the speed tuned gear set, lol.

The lipo mod interests me personally.... Six small packs charged at once....lots of racing

Iv just had to return mine, the steering motor went on it, using it loads charge after charge via usb, the one I sent back gad some real hammer, the front suspension arms have a restriction on them, its just a piece of plastic tab to stop the suspension arms going to far, well I snapped then off, and its happened to my new one that hpi sent out with in a week, sent it back and they replaced it with no questions asked, they said it had a electronic folt lol! Id burnt the steering out that is what happened, lol!

big landings that did it, but the lipo battery mod gives you 86 minutes run time :) thats going to burn it out I think, i use mine maybe 4 or 5 time after charging after each 7 minute runs, it takes 25 30 minutes to charge via usb, it was very slow and didn't seem to get a full charge through the tx, usb is the way to go really, apart from lipos that is, but 86 minutes is probably going to burn the motor out after all that run time, as I said I run charge after charge on the first one I had and it burns that out, steering aswell so the drive motor most probably will burn out after long run times,

but there great fun and ill always gave one for the money, cheap and most definitely cheerful ;)

And yes hair does slow um down and ends up wrapped around the rear axles, if the rear wheels go sloppy from pulling in and off from cleaning, just rub zed bit of emry cloth around the end of the rear axle ends zed the wheel grips again nicly, if you leave it sloppy the wheels just spin in the rear wheels making it adopted rear wheel toque steer lol! Goes in circles lol! You'll see soon lol!

Think I'm going to leave mine stock except for the slicks. It is a great little car and a lot of fun but as mentioned it is cheap and cheerfull and won't stand up to much abuse and isn't going to last a long time. However considering the pittance it cost I'm OK with that. I'm going to get another one as a spare.

John