• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion Volition

• 2 weeks later...

Hello rob rc, tried mine out yesterday, after 3 or 4 minutes it started stuttering, thought it was shot, put new battery in - I realized I'd left old ones in, and boy that that car run, it ran as if it's tail was on fire :lol: - two chaps talking to me on the path saying how good it looked - anyway I set it off and managed to get the rear wheels skidding before it took real posing - so what's not to love, even the Impakt is great!.

The only thing I am having problems with is braking, no matter how many times I read the manual, it is hit and miss if it brakes or not, any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Regards

:wheelchair: 

braking seems best to just put it in reverse gently i find, as for the slip clutch go on helions website it tells you everything you need to know on how to fit parts etc, ill post up some pics of my car soon :D

Edited by rob rc
  • Like 1

Thanks for that idea rob rc I'll try it, I hit a few trees good job they are tough the body plastic seems thicker than my other makes, but I must admit I only have the cheaper end of the scale  :crying:  I'll look on the Helion site, some one on the Forum told me to fit one on my Dominus, 

Kind Regards

Hey that looks good, well done - what speed do you get out of that Beggar, I bet you need fast reactions :lol: you've done a neat job n the paint as well  don't they look different without an aerial sticking out of the top 

Ever thought of putting shark teeth on the sides ;-) 

I've got a 3500Kv Radient Reaktor motor anf ESC for the Dominus, but have not got around to fitting it - bit scared,

Yours,

22 hours ago, mamodman said:

Hey that looks good, well done - what speed do you get out of that Beggar, I bet you need fast reactions :lol: you've done a neat job n the paint as well  don't they look different without an aerial sticking out of the top 

Ever thought of putting shark teeth on the sides ;-) 

I've got a 3500Kv Radient Reaktor motor anf ESC for the Dominus, but have not got around to fitting it - bit scared,

Yours,

yes same motor in mine its pretty good!  I'm sure upgrades will be more in the future 

Run it past a police car and get them to laser speed check it for you :lol: , but you have wetted my appetite after fitting the slip clutch I'll get around to super - charging either the Dominus or the Vol, 

Hello rob rc hope everything alright, I've been all over the Helion site and cannot find a single video on the Dominus, - can you tell me what is the URL you are using

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I've had a Volition for a while, used for racing on our dirt track through the winter plus some bashing. Great budget truck IMO.

The brushed electrics held up well on 2s, but I've just fitted the Reaktor 3000kv 4 pole motor/50A ESC combo, as fitted to the Volition XLR, I raced it last week but was under geared with the 84/20 stock gearing. I've now gone for 78/23 & I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I'm even still using the original stock tyres as they work well on the dirt, so long as it's not dry & dusty (not a problem in winter lol)

I've had a few issues though, firstly I had the rear hinge pins pull out of the rear most hinge pin holder upon impact, the plastic hinge pin holder was a bit flexible so I now have a home made alloy one. Secondly, I've had the plastic shock caps pop off a few times so I'm now trying these Trackstar ones from Hobbyking: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/alu-shock-absorber-set43mm-12x100mm-2.html They come empty, I stripped them, coated the seals with AE Green Slime & put 500cSt oil in the front & 450cSt rear Thirdly & most recently I've had an issue where I've come off track to find the part of the front bumper which actually keeps the front hinge pin brace in position has become dislodged leaving the brace hanging off. Today I've replaced the stock hinge pins with more standard E clip pins.

otherwise it's all original including the servo. Body is nice & thick but after lots of use is starting to crack so I have a new one ready to paint.

i would have liked to see a sealed diff so I could tune with oil rather than just greasing it but otherwise I've been more than happy with it.

• Like 1

Hello Dan Dare,

I have both Violtions the brushed and the brushless, and the brushless Dominus TR, I love the Helion line, I am a bit confined to where I can run my cars, my icon shows why, but thanks for your comments, I'm new to RC cars, and learnt somethings from your post, if you want a laugh - a few weeks ago I had the Helion Criterion (used off Ebay) in town hall park going like a good 'un, anyway as I'm sitting down my view is limited  - and this chap blocked my view, and there was a mighty splash, the thing had gone under the rails around the duck pond and into the pond, no chance of getting it back, everyone said it would only be good for spare wheel, so rang Grandson up to come next day and with rake and climb over railings and try and get it back, about an hour or so later he came to ours with his dad and a plastic bag containing the Criterion, this at 7.30+ at night, got the car out of the bag and my wife said look there is a flashing light inside, turned Tx on for a second - and it ran, I dried and greased everything and it it running fine, I am not suggesting anyone try it, just amazed it worked after being in 2 - 3 foot of Duckpond :good::good:

• Like 1

Cool. Well now you know it's waterproof as advertised ! :lol:

Did you strip the gearbox too afterwards ? Just thinking of the bearings in there too...

Bother I forgot to strip the gear box buy used pressure gt 85 silicone to clear any grot out, could be I'll need a new gearbox soon :crying: hope you had a laugh !