• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM buggy to 5SC

Bigjimknickers

Firm up those rear springs and it looks like it'd pop a wheelie on demand.

Well worth the coin IMO, for the finished look.

Do I need different springs or can I just adjust the pre load down a bit more? I'll admit I've not even touched the suspension yet.

Has anyone opened a standed shocks on a km baja 002c thats just come out the factory recently?

Im just woundering if they'll need oil in them? Mine haven't been done yet, iv only had it about 6 week and use it 2/3 times a week, unless it's broke, lol!, how long should i leave it before I do the service on them? I'm ready to do them now to be honest, Is it going to be necessary right now,? after a short time, I do drive it hard on the flat really no jumps, just hard cornering most of all,

do I need a shock service kit for every shock, or do they come as a kit for all four?

how often they need doing depends on how much use, what you run the car on and how well they got built the last time.

most of the time they last a fair while (12-20 hours of use).

how ever it unlikely the factory did a good job (which goes for any rtr model) so it is worth checking them, you may find they lack enough oil.

good change to change how your car handles too

It feels like its ready, iv never done them, as above iv only had this 5th scale 6 week, and the other 5b got nicked after 6 week so iv never got round to doing it, i havent had one long enough, lol! because i wasn't sure when or what oil and what shock kit to get? to do the service,

also wheres the best place to get the shock kit from? And shock oil

Edited by flatout!

Hi matey, have you been out with the dbxl?

Dont forget you have the 5b diff in don'tyou?

I've done the 5b diff about 5l ago, so probably due too!

Not run the Dbxl yet as I want it fully checked over before fuel goes in & it's banned from the house. So far I've found nothing wrong with it at all, I'm just contemplating checking all diffs, but even if I break it in it'll only be a gentle tank.

Pissing down here at the moment though.

Jim, about to service our badgers, came across my shock oil....seemingly, I stuck 45wt up front and 25wt rear!?!?!?

Bouncy rear end mystery solved!

Or, don't take any advice from me, cos I clearly know nowt!

Template will be sorted this week, need to locate the part, lol!

Jim, about to service our badgers, came across my shock oil....seemingly, I stuck 45wt up front and 25wt rear!?!?!?

Bouncy rear end mystery solved!

Or, don't take any advice from me, cos I clearly know nowt!

Template will be sorted this week, need to locate the part, lol!

Lol!

What you gonna try this time then Noj? My baja is being neglected while this Dbxl steals its limelight for the moment. But I'll be sure to get them shocks oiled.

• Like 1

Undecided....lol.

Thinking 25 front and 10 rear, then again, that could be still too stiff? Stock kit oils are 5w and 1w, which is like water! Maybe 15 front 5 rear...???

Yr dbxl is a nice ride, can understand why its getting more bash time at the mo ;)