• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KM buggy to 5SC

Bigjimknickers

John, I need part no 85418 can you confirm dark knight part:

https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/dark-knight-alloy-front-shock-tower-and-brace.html

Will fit & be ok for a SCT? I'll order it now if it is.

Yes thats the one you may need j027 j028 also if you dont want them you will have to adjust your shock support to fit in the alloy tower call me tomorrow if you need more info

Iv just fitted the alloy km tower and brace, youll need a bit of emry cloth and take the male parts of the plastic up rights down a little,

I used a course sand paper, cloth because its not visible when the alloy tower is on so its ok to mark it up a bit, I just sanded the pegs down a bit and keeped offering the alloy tower up to it, and then when it was ready I used the course screw to pull it up all the way home, ;) it fits a treat then,

its a bit difficult if you leave the up rights on the buggy to do it, I did them on the buggy about 20 minutes and the front and rear shock braces were on, :)

Thats what I wont to do for this winter for sure, 5sc for the winter, I think im going to do it all in one go with the kit, from where I dont no? This pipe iv put on today though, wow what a difference :)https://www.dropbox.com/sc/zrfvlghe98ns0ct/AAD2ZY6Znk2ocHEskBFw_6dba its ready for tomorrow https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3w60r2r76uq69nl/AAAnmbBirZBCr2plkk9UyNh_a

Edited by flatout!

Thats what I wont to do for this winter for sure, 5sc for the winter, I think im going to do it all in one go with the kit, from where I dont no? This pipe iv put on today though, wow what a difference :)https://www.dropbox.com/sc/zrfvlghe98ns0ct/AAD2ZY6Znk2ocHEskBFw_6dba its ready for tomorrow https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3w60r2r76uq69nl/AAAnmbBirZBCr2plkk9UyNh_a

Be prepared to spend!

If I'm honest I wouldn't of done this if I knew how much it would add up to, the basic list is incomplete, there are more parts needed baring in mind on average these HPI part packs are about

Very nice ;) thats making me want to do it more now lol!

so you can run the dom with the sc set up?

I think you'll be able to get the inner shields to stop all the crap getting in there :) but it only takes me about 2 hours to give it a kwik clean, and about 7 hoirs for a strip down clean, bearings and all the lot out,

id be interested to see how long it will take after a days running with the SC shell on :)

Jim, team chase do a panel which goes across the front of the truck, fits under the cage and keeps masses of crud out.

Not that another spend is on the cards....you can make one up from rubber mats or a milk carton ;)

• Like 1

Jim, team chase do a panel which goes across the front of the truck, fits under the cage and keeps masses of crud out.

Not that another spend is on the cards....you can make one up from rubber mats or a milk carton ;)

Cheers Noj I'll fashion something up, I'm thinking of keeping it clean for a little while!

While I have your attention, wheel arches.., Im torn between trimming them & spending out on normal axels, I'm thinking of masking up round the arch & carefully using a plate, mark around the arch with a pencil & carefully trimming, but does it require a fair chunk out? Will I regret it instantly? I'm using proper KM truck wheels(if there is such a thing!)

I can draw you a template of mine if it helps? Nice design, fits under the cage neatly and bolts through the front, upward lip of the side pods. Pity that pit bull rc went under, as they sold tight-bite rubber flaps, which fasten onto the sides of the pods, neatly filling in the gap between them and the the shell. Again, I can sort you out templates for size, rubber mat could be made into something very similar. Used the two cable tie method to bolt them in, never ever ripped one off (I did loose one, before securely fastening them on, so actually, if I can find it, you can have one, lol!)

The arch trim dilemma. Here's a thought: run without extenders and see how she handles? I installed them from the off, as I read that the slightly wider track helped with handling. If the SC handles fine without them (and having run her as a buggy first, you'll immediately notice the new characteristics) then dilemma solved.

If you cut them, the plate method is ideal. Iirc, I started at the front of the arch and fiddled with the arc until it sat right by eye and when marked up, gave the least contact with the tyres on full compression. I don't recall taking more than 20mm out at the widest point, could well have been nearer 15mm actually. Dial in a little negative camber, job done.

The issues come when the vertical, rear end of the tail section gets left in pieces on the park....the rear arches then just flop inwards onto the tyres and become sacrificial ;)

Hth fella :) She looks bloody gorgeous!

D'oh, you don't have stock hubs...silly me.

Will Baja SS SC ones fit? Happy to lend you a full set for experimentation, cheaper than buying some to find they don't suit?

I'm going to cut it, I want to keep the axel extenders, plus I don't want to spend any more on it yet! If you say no more than 20mm I can live with that!

As for the template, yes I'd appreciate that if you could sort us one, I'm not using side pods if that matters? I cheaped out & didn't buy all the parts for a 100% conversion.

After import fees and your waiting time, you may as well buy parts from the UK over a period of time and it won't be one big bill if you're looking for a 'cheaper' option.

Not to mention that's a 5T conversion, not 5SC.

And while the 5SC shell is on offer, it's daft to not buy one if you're wanting to do a conversion, even if it sits for a few months while you buy the other parts.... I was tempted to buy one and I'm not even doing a conversion ;):lol:

Edited by Oh How Original