• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

speed passion esc burnt can anyone help with new fets

Rollinlow

You can contact Derek directly.

He's 'old school'.

If it can be repaired, he's your man.

It MIGHT be a case that you either send scanned photos to him or, and I'm sure he'll prefer this, you send it to him to assess - old school (only trust yourself ..).

He's a VERY decent guy, reasonably priced, and if it can be repaired, he'll get it done.

If not, he'll tell you, and give you the options - bin or return.

Al.

Derek is your man - and he can probably repair it for less than you can if you aren't already fully tooled up for the job. But the truth is he's about the only person left repairing escs at all these days. Proprietary parts, computerisation and low cost imports mean most of the time esc's get binned rather than fixed.

Wow - just about to post a thread about my esc that needs repair, saw this near top and clicked the link - guys 20 mins up the road from me :)  Will email him and see what if he can sort this economically:

16045760107_82ae0e8fe1_b.jpg

Edited by capri-boy

Yours looks quite easy to sort mate I'm only in swadlincote so not far

I'm hoping so.  I'd do this myself if I had a fine enough iron - used to mess around in the workshops in my first job many yrs ago where the tech's were repairing CE to pab level - back then surface mount resistors we're about the smallest I'd go - hot air and and sm IC's vexed me.  I've emailed him and will see.  

Good luck.

My money's on Derek ... sorry.

Al.

We'll see if I can get it open, if the joints are too fine then I'll see about getting it over to one of the old techs - there all retired now but some still 'tinker'.

• Like 1