• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

any views on good telephoto lenses ?

Mini the minx

Hey all,

I've being getting into photography quite abit lately and have finally upgraded my bridge camera to a canon 70D with 15-85mm lens but am now looking for some more zoom so i can captured more wildlife and thought maybe the camera guru's might be able to help  - aawwww go on ........... please  :thumbsup:

Not got much of a budget but i've found these two which seem to get decent reviews - any views/advise good or bad would be awesome 

Canon EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS STM Lens                 

Pro's :

I can get this for a very decent price of under

Canon 70-200 F4 has ridiculous clarity and sharpness, and can be a steal second hand! Worth checking ebay, London Camera Exchange etc.

Personally - always go Canon. Especially over Tamron. Looked at any Sigmas if you're looking to go off-brand? Sigma are a far safer bet.

Thanks for your thoughts much appreciated - I hadn't considered the f4 70-200L it's constant f factor would be awesome but i just do photography as a hobby so would it be better to save some more pennies then go for the Canon 70-300 L f4/5.6 as more zoom Maybe more use than faster shutter speed ??

Hey HappyLad long time mate :)

Thanks for the input think I'll save more and maybe get a nice 2nd hand prime with the pennies I have at the mo