• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hackers figure how to turn Naza lite into a Naza v2.

hebby

have not touched mine. 

its a ok flight system, the drifting i can live with-without am used to correcting 24/7 via stick

this was expected, the lite and M2 being the same but locked via bootloader was going to be broken down sooner than later.

DJI got caught with pants down , and showed they have no care for us lite users , i mean we still have firmware version 1.0

the same version it was released with. 

complaints are rife about eratic drift on takeoff , gps hold more like gps pan mode, and manual fast forward flight tacking on either a 

left or right curve. the main point is this naza lite = 107 gbp ......... yet the naza mv2 costs 250gbp 

BUT both these units are the same, your not buying a v2 all bells and wistles your getting an unlocked naza lite.

dji just sit and say who's the fool, and yep its us. 

now dji kick up a stink, but i mean really, now the market will get flooded, more gps pucks sold, more led units sold

more canbus units sold , and naza lite users get a controller that does what it should. 

now newbies, you guys maybe thinking tami you said  for us to get a naza lite but your saying it has problems.

yes this is true but old tami is a old pilot so i see these errors like a sore thumb, you guys will not at first,

so do not worry ok, the systems are awesome dont get me wrong, its just DJI not fullfilling our probelms and telling lies about the cause. 

dji said it was hardware based, this hack proves the problem was software based and has been ever since the lite was released

and never updated firmware wise to counter the problems. if it was hardware based the naza v3m would also have these problems they are identical except for bootloader

locking

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
2 hours ago, craigbrown79 said:

Has anyone tried this with the naza and had successful results??  

As will all things that require code and bootloaders etc etc. 

THERE IS A RISK . you COULD brick your naza system and then have to re-flash it to the lite version, but thats a risk you take upon yourself.
im sure theres even a DJI video that shows how to re-write the lite version to an M2 version ( but dont take my word on that)

why have i not done it ? 

two fold reason, one i very rare fly my drones in public
and i just cant be bothered to 

• Like 1