• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Super 5SC Flux

sean-vrs

• 2 months later...

Just a quick bump on this thread, for those that are interested HPI are releasing this model again due to demand and they are now showing stock in the UK !!! can't wait to order mine but need to raise some funds again after buying a couple other cars ! i heard the Super5sc wasn't going to be out again till the end of the year but guess they got on it quick ! 

• Like 1

Stunned! They're releasing this again? A total flop with no end of problems?

I love mine, but despite all the work I've done, it's still fragile in certain areas.

• 7 months later...

I'm from the US and just picked up a brand new 5sc flux. It's been discontinued here for a few years here from my recollection. I'm just curious what you guys were picking them up for new when they were in stock. I just saw another new one sell on ebay for $1400. By that mark I feel like I got a decent deal at $900. Looking forward to the huge box coming in the mail.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, bigtim1985 said:

I'm from the US and just picked up a brand new 5sc flux. It's been discontinued here for a few years here from my recollection. I'm just curious what you guys were picking them up for new when they were in stock. I just saw another new one sell on ebay for $1400. By that mark I feel like I got a decent deal at $900. Looking forward to the huge box coming in the mail.

Used or new for 1400?

They were approximately 550 to 600 Sterling, but as we all know, they flopped! 

Still got mine, love it, despite its many flaws. 

I kind of bought it as an impulse. I always wanted one. I've been checking ebay and this one popped up. After seeing the other new in box one selling for almost $1400 I figured I had to grab this one. My savage flux is one of my favorite all time trucks. I honestly have done nothing to it other than upgrade the steering servo. I hope this truck is equally as fun. How does this truck compare to the savage flux when running on 4s? I always found 4s to be plenty fast enough and not to the point of destruction 6s brings about.

I had a Super5 briefly, always felt a poor second to my 5SC Flux, so I sold it.

I'm confused. Isn't it called the super 5sc flux?

yes, it is....I refer to the Hpi 5SC (baja) which I converted to a flux version from the off.

Apols for any confusion.

As a stand alone rig, it's ok.....when run with stock electrics on 6s, next to my 7s Flux, it was a huge let down, lacklustre acceleration, top end and woolly handling.

Crazy I would have thought the super 5 could have been the fastest being so light ect. 

But some bl bajas on youtube are jaw dropping powerful. Waving it's front tires in the air whilst lifting a rear wheel too. 

If hpi released it with the octane engine with a price that fits between savage and baja? Would that be intresting. 3 speed gearbox too. 

17 hours ago, bigtim1985 said:

I kind of bought it as an impulse. I always wanted one. I've been checking ebay and this one popped up. After seeing the other new in box one selling for almost $1400 I figured I had to grab this one. My savage flux is one of my favorite all time trucks. I honestly have done nothing to it other than upgrade the steering servo. I hope this truck is equally as fun. How does this truck compare to the savage flux when running on 4s? I always found 4s to be plenty fast enough and not to the point of destruction 6s brings about.

I have a super 5sc and it will send you to sleep on 4s, but it does bash well on 6s

5S is ok, but 6S is needed to wake it up. 

My current set-up is a Hobbywing Xerun 150 Amp ESC and a Leopard 4082, 1600kv motor. I've upped this to a 17 tooth pinion and on 5S this is perfect for me, fast acceleration and a respectable top speed. 6S gets silly. 

When the weather improves, I'll shoot some vid. 

29 minutes ago, bigtim1985 said:

Your running the center different setup right? Unless your telling me the leopard motor fits in the stock mount?

I was, but I've switched back to the stock box c/w CD, I felt a slipper was necessary to protect the rear diff, a CD on its own wasn't enough. 

And yes, the Leopard motor fits straight in. 

4S is tediously slow on the stock set-up.