• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Super 5SC Flux

sean-vrs

Great to see some vid of it at last, really enjoyed seeing it on the hoof! But why wouldn't it go in a straight line? Mine doesn't do that, I'm sure mine accelerates in a straighter line than that! Was it the Moss causing traction issues? It was acting as if there was way too much power going to the back axle?

Thanks for sharing! More!

• Like 1

Great to see some vid of it at last, really enjoyed seeing it on the hoof! But why wouldn't it go in a straight line? Mine doesn't do that, I'm sure mine accelerates in a straighter line than that! Was it the Moss causing traction issues? It was acting as if there was way too much power going to the back axle?

Thanks for sharing! More!

the car park had not thored out mate and covered in moss stunk after lol,

but with these excuses i did struggle to hold it in a line!

Edited by sean-vrs

I am supprised with the power it packs really chuffed with the overall package,

Its alot more agile then the other 5th scales I own, I suspect this is the weight playing its part, I can imagine it'll fly well too.

Edited by sean-vrs

Why oh why did I sell mine???

Looking too bloody good, Mr vrs! I hope your son stuffs it into a wall at full tilt, whilst grinning with glee!

This sums it up perfectly:

kelis i hate you so much right now:

• Like 2

Why oh why did I sell mine???

Looking too bloody good, Mr vrs! I hope your son stuffs it into a wall at full tilt, whilst grinning with glee!

This sums it up perfectly:

kelis i hate you so much right now: http://youtu.be/ETNRfcNIl2w

You have the real deal, a 5ive! When we finally put your 5ive head to head with my S5, there can be only one winner, I'll bring my own tissues. :(

• Like 1

They both needed more laps, there wasn't enough time there to truly pick a winner, not in my eyes at least. The 5ive is definitely more planted, but with all that weight, it's gonna be!

• Like 1

I've always said and for me, still think it holds true, nothing looks as good as a short course truck.

I'm unsure why but in that video, I feel I'd have been having loads more fun with the Super5 over the 5ive :/ can't quite put my finger on why though.

It just seems to skip/float, compared to the 5ive planted look.

Would love a go with a Super5 to be honest.

• Like 1

They both needed more laps, there wasn't enough time there to truly pick a winner, not in my eyes at least. The 5ive is definitely more planted, but with all that weight, it's gonna be!

the super is harder work , and in a proper race i reckon the 5ive would just bully its way past it would be interesting to watch though.

No, been on the hunt.

However, you could build one, as Tug has with his savage. Alza sells most of the ally parts and tvp's, source diffs and other parts from the States, and voila. Helps if you have a spare 5sc shell knocking around though, cos as we all know, that's 150 quid plus spent immediately, and possibly a juicy combo to throw in...

Least, I think it's doable.. Logic says yes, after all, it's a savage xl wearing a big dress ;)

Can you actually still get these from anywere or not?

Apart from second hand of course.

I got mine from Germany mate it was clearly end of line as there were 4 left and then the listing was pulled.

I can let you into a little secret though, a bloke at wheelspin is selling one which they demoed with, has a few different buying options too like a second chassis/New shell/wheels etc I can dig his email out if your interested, can't promise anything just a little life line.

Edited by sean-vrs

I got mine from Germany mate it was clearly end of line as there were 4 left and then the listing was pulled.

I can let you into a little secret though, a bloke at wheelspin is selling one which they demoed with, has a few different buying options too like a second chassis/New shell/wheels etc I can dig his email out if your interested, can't promise anything just a little life line.

Would appreciate that if you could find it :)

Also interesting theory on building it up from XL bits... I wonder what that would total price wise.

Tug can give you a ballpark figure from his build. UK sellers carry the body mounting sets, wheels and other oddments specific to the SC....

I reckon less than what a new one cost (shell aside), should be tougher too if using alza parts ;)