• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage XSSS best/reliable ESC/Motor combo

lewisg

Hi everyone

Long time member but not been on much as money has been going elsewhere!

I have had my savage XSSS kit sat in its box for well over a year (i did try selling it but i thought i may aswell keep it) anyways, i thought id crack on and start assembling it. Ive always thought id go down the Castle route to power it as i have a savage flux and i believe they are the dogs danglies! As I've been out of touch for a while i presume there are some other brands that may rival castle if not out do them!

So to pin down what this thread is about, I'm after peoples recommendations to what would be a cheaper alternative to castle as money is still being split elsewhere but also i don't want to buy twice i.e. go mega cheap and it break after a few runs!

Id like to be able to run 3s although id imagine it would be stupidly fast but as i said id like the option!

Thanks in advance and hello to anyone who does remember me (i doubt anyone will haha)

Lewis

Hi everyone

Long time member but not been on much as money has been going elsewhere!

I have had my savage XSSS kit sat in its box for well over a year (i did try selling it but i thought i may aswell keep it) anyways, i thought id crack on and start assembling it. Ive always thought id go down the Castle route to power it as i have a savage flux and i believe they are the dogs danglies! As I've been out of touch for a while i presume there are some other brands that may rival castle if not out do them!

So to pin down what this thread is about, I'm after peoples recommendations to what would be a cheaper alternative to castle as money is still being split elsewhere but also i don't want to buy twice i.e. go mega cheap and it break after a few runs!

Id like to be able to run 3s although id imagine it would be stupidly fast but as i said id like the option!

Thanks in advance and hello to anyone who does remember me (i doubt anyone will haha)

Lewis

If you want to sell it let me know !

Best cheap combo I found was a lepoard 3800 kv 4 pole awesome motor for the money and the best esc has to be a sc8 without a doubt !

• 3 months later...

Again bumping a old thread which i completely forgot i made but i have a sprint 2 flux that I'm prepared to take the motor/esc out of but would this be man enough?

Its this motor/esc combo

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/100419?show_disc=true

Cheers

Lewis

Stock motor is 4000kv, that says 5700kv so it would need serious regearing. The ESC looks like a fanless version of the stock one and the stock one is marginal with the fan.

If it was me, I wouldn't do it but its your shout how much you're prepared to gamble smoking that combo :)