• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

General maintenance advice hyper buggy/truggy

Ninjashunt

Hi there,

Just after some advice on maintenance, I'm gradually learning and at the moment i clean the buggy with a damp cloth and a little wd40, then give it a coating of GT85 other than brakes and clutch. Finally put a few drops of after run oil in the engine.

Then every now and then wash the air filter sponge and re-oil.

Now just after some advice on other bits i should be doing, do i need to grease bearings and how often? Also when to change oil in diffs and shocks?

Any other bits?

Thanks

Jus do as u r.....it'll b fine...keep eye on bearings....chk nuts bolts after every other bash...thats it really....I chk shox oil now n again...top up as needed....Unless ur racing there's no point in changing it every few bashes imo........diffs I leave untill I have to either fix sumin and remove the diff or theres signs of a dodgy diff....

Edited by evssv

Pick up some sewing machine oil (Singer super oil) and put a drop on the bearings every now and then. I probably do mine every other bash.

If you feel slop in the shocks, or they start leaking, that is a good time to take a look.

And as above, the diffs should be fine, if you hear crunching on throttle or braking, or if they start leaking, check em out.

ive put a lot of thought into this, how best to maintain my beloved cars...

it seams to me that using them is where the first of the problems arises..

so one idea would be to put the new car into some sort of hermetically sealed box , possibly a couple of negative pressure rooms to stop unwanted dust particles invading.

as an added bonus there will be less costs involved and none of those tricky tuning problems that arise

as an after thought wouldn't need a forum unless u took it out for a picture every 20 years or so to give u something to do. :scared:

• Like 1