• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RUSHBOY's Losi 5ive Brushless Conversion - Let the Fun Begin!

rushboy2004

• 1 month later...

I've given up waiting for you! ;)

I couldn't "resist" that! ;)

bad news unfortunately i guess he tried gearing it up but it went wrong (too much power)

nuclear_explosion_by_theabp-d59sy3y.jpg

:D

Edited by Corbs10

Not had many chances to run due to life getting in the way or getting the 6s lipo's on charge seems to be some sort of rain dance.

did have a chance to run at the weekend but still on 16t pinion temps still good, after 20 mins of hard bashing motor temp was 56c

Now got the 18t pinion installed hopefully get out this weekend.

16t with 910kv, correct?

Looking at the KD set up, they suggest 16t for the 2028....which tbh feels low...

I think he's on the 380kv, hence the high voltage and fat pinion.

He's getting good runtimes too!

How's the braking profile on the ESC? Snatchy or smooth?

Random! one minute its smooth, then it randomly tries to go in reverse while braking.

Going to try with reverse turned off next run.

Random! one minute its smooth, then it randomly tries to go in reverse while braking.

Going to try with reverse turned off next run.

This is what I did, reverse off does help, but I still couldn't stop the brakes from snatching!

Turned reverse off on mine, apply brakes with a featherlight touch and they seem OK, did notice some minor grabbing (until mi pinny flew off!).

No cogging at low speed tho, pulls smoothly away :)

Just wondring what experience people here have had with kershaw designs? I was going to use their v3 dd gearbox because their Mount for the savage can take the cc mamba xl meant for the baja but i've read countless bad reviews from the usa abt service Poor quality and that the gearboxes just dont work,then i found alza racing and i havent heard a bad word said against them?

Hi rm on the cost front the cc mamba xl combo can push out 10 bhp quite easily for 270 from the use i know from experience to get that sort of power out of a 28-30+cc your looking serious money the Bmz 8hp is a bag of sand alone so brushless is more power,dosent scare the hell out If my little girl with the noise,all round easier plug and play lol.

RB has installed their BL conversion kit, I haven't, as it is, IMO, overpriced.

The 2028 has a claimed 10hp output. I have run one in a 5ive on 10s, however it was pulling 1500rpm over max, ergo got rather toasty. KD list a 16t pinny max for that can, which, IMO, will leave it a bit sluggish ;)

Lower kV and higher cell count appears to be the way forward, tho I think both RB and myself are still in trial stages....I'm running a 425kv can...

Tried yesterday afternoon to bash but pinion decided to fall off then my HPI Receive died when testing in evening.

Today I bashed at local pitch and putt before they opened - ended up having to tow it back to the car but still fun.

ambient temp was 15

Edited by rushboy2004
  • Like 1

Bet you were popular, driving on a golf course, ripping up the putting greens!!

Looks great, just strange without a 2-stroke in it.

Al.

I make a point of trying not to do damage the grass. 

Lovely bash spot.

All appears well, pulls smoothly sounds much quieter than mine??

No really issues. Noise levels seem about the same as other videos I have seen but metal on metal gears are noise. Normally there is a noise 2 stroke covering the noise.

64C isn't in the danger zone, but it's a lot higher than the ESC and cells. Under-geared?

not sure really, Dan@ Kershaw designs said 19t would be right for 520Kv but did not given any suggestion for 380kv as he said it would not be suitable.

Got a 19 tooth pinion gear to try next. I think the kershaw mount will let me get up to a 21t